Home

Who to put in the slot: Anquan Boldin or Calvin Johnson?

This is a discussion on Who to put in the slot: Anquan Boldin or Calvin Johnson? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #17
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Who to put in the slot: Anquan Boldin or Calvin Johnson?

The only thing that makes the trade unreal are the draft picks the Lions gave up. Johnson is well worth two first rounders alone.

But hell, the best thing about Madden is the fact the you finally control the team how you have always wanted too. I started a Titans chise and traded for Boldin since all those rumors earlier this year got me stoked. And it wasn't a very good trade either haha.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 10-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

it would be great if you could trade for future years draft picks, that would make trades like this possible and closer to believeable (from a real life perspective anyway)...

that said, my WR core is Calvin Johnson, a 6'1 98 speed drafted A potential guy and some fast short guy in the slot I drafted...I pay a **** load to have all 3 plus a pass catching TE but damn if we dont move the ball (QB is still Stafford)
Old 10-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #19
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

I would not worry about designating a "slot" receiver. I would move all of them around based on the different formations. You can do that by using the formation subs on the play call screen. That way there is a lot more variety to the formations. That is what I do with Crabtree in my niners franchise. It's nice having him pay @ the X, Y or slot. But then again, I run a west coast offense and particularly try to emulate the niners offenses or the 80s-90s. They use to move Rice around all over the field.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #20
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Why would you call him a cheater? It's his franchise, let him do what he wants. It doesn't effect you and the cpu accepted it so... Maybe you could call the game's cpu/AI trade logic a cheater. Although they did imrove it this year, heck he did give up to 1st round picks and a good LT. The lions still wouuldn't give up Megatron though, but it's a pretty hefty offer.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

It's taking advantage of the crappy trade logic. Megatron IS a first rounder - the 2nd pick of the 2007 draft. So giving up 2 first round picks would never happen because the Lions would have to replace him with one of those 1st rounders. He's also their best player on a young team with a young quarterback that has no other viable receiving option. Conversley, Boldin is pissed hes not the #1 guy and getting more passes. Now hes going to get a lot less. Cards would never want to make him even more angry. And Megatron would look at the trade and see his catches will go down significantly with two other premier receivers - that will cost him future contract money. He would never OK the trade.

Why not just fantasy draft it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 03:21 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well, Johnson wouldn't technically have any say in the trade. Players don't get to decide what happens to them through trades, and they don't have to OK them.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 10

I dont get why guys come in here a bash Teanbuilder. It what he like to do. He has and other threads on here about the Crazy Moves he likes to make, Is it really worth getting Banned over, just move on. I think its the best part of the game that they dont make the AI trade logic to point where you need to cheat to get a guy you want.. heck I traded my 2011 first in my Giants franchise for Aaron Curry it was pick 31 (lost the superbowl) the Seahawks would never do that in a thousand years, and I move Curry to a MLB because I use the MLB on every play, jusy finished the regular season(13-3) last night Curry eneded up with 72 tkl 27 asst. 41Tk for loss and 3 sack.. it was jusy plain fun blowing up the ball carrier with him, real? maybe not, fun? Hell Ya

Last edited by G-Men_in_Mass; 10-30-2009 at 11:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »