Home

Why is there a lag in Online Madden?

This is a discussion on Why is there a lag in Online Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2009, 05:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Why is there a lag in Online Madden?

No one gets lag in playing other games such as Halo, GoW, etc but in ONline Madden since it came on the next gen, the menus and general movement is slightly slower online. Why is that? It's annoying as hell
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Why is there a lag in Online Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLateralLine
No one gets lag in playing other games such as Halo, GoW, etc but in ONline Madden since it came on the next gen, the menus and general movement is slightly slower online. Why is that? It's annoying as hell
Dude you must be playing a different halo 3 then I play. I always run into laggy online play with halo 3. i play halo 3 alot to. Halo 3 lags aswell depending on the people you play with are agaist and how their connection is. Madden 10 is the same way. depends on the person you play agaist online. Before you play anyone always check their online statis to see if it is one red bar are netter. If it is one red bar then that means that person had a slow connection. But if they have 2 are better then their connection should be good to great. It all depends on your connection and theirs. All online games had laggy connections sometimes. It's a part of online playing thats all.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've experienced lag a lot in the games the op listed. And in all of the Madden 10 games I've played online, which is a lot of games played on my part, I only came across 2 laggy games that I can remember. And in those 2 games, my opponents lost their connect, forcing me to finish games against the computer. Not bad considering how bad the servers were in 09.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

i haven't had any lag....very surprised considering how much lag i had in 09
Old 10-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 18

Lag isn't the right word, because the connection to the opponent is usually perfect.

The issue is that online has a built in delay with every action. It is one of the worst parts of online Madden, the controller delay makes online and offline have much different timing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLateralLine
O-T-A-Y!!!

Improve your connection...I'm on FiOS and Madden and all EA games are buttery smooth for me
Old 10-25-2009, 03:58 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
O-T-A-Y!!!

Improve your connection...I'm on FiOS and Madden and all EA games are buttery smooth for me
The game has a built in lag online. Everone that is serious about Madden notices this.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:16 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

Madden does not have dedicated servers.

And anyways, the latency of each game depends on the ping of the two players, and their respective connections.

Its simple. THe closer you live to your opponent, and the better each of your connections, the less "laggy" your game will be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »