Home

Addressing Wildcat Restrictions

This is a discussion on Addressing Wildcat Restrictions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Adressing Wildcat Restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRYder226
Make an alias or change the sig.
Why do you want me to change the sig??? I have had the sig up for almost 2 weeks and no one cares.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 13

Somebody said that only Miami should have success using the wildcat - well the Broncos used a better version of it (Wild Horses I think they called it) where the QB can be motioned in to under center and it was very effective in the game I watched.

The deal is plain and simple - The AI needs fixed, the awareness of players on the field need to be adjusted so that they are "Aware" the team is running that formation and react accordingly. I understand that there are flaws within the game, but I have never had issues stopping this formation, or the HB direct snap glitch for that matter or even screen plays to get right down to what people say is cheese! You can get burned by nearly any play if you call the wrong D and yes there are still glitches, but those need the fixin - removing the "wildcat" is a suggestion that if EA listens o they will get a ton of negative feedback cuz people will say "So you lazy dumb-dumbs can't fix the AI, you had to take away another thing we see on Sundays, cuz you can't figure out how to make it realistic"! And then we are talking next year about how "pitiful" EA is cuz they removed a formation rather than fix the AI!

I say leave the "wildcat" in, make some tweaks to the response of defenses when that formation is used, and improve the AI!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #35
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Back on topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #36
Rookie

davjaffe's Arena

OVR: 6

In addition to hoping that snap-takers in the "Wildcat" be able to scramble in Patch #2/Madden 11, I also really hope that they work in the ability to do some more of the "tricky" stuff out of "Wildcat" sets, like a lateral to the QB followed by a pass.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #37
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Back on topic.
The irony is comical though, agreed?

Anyways, I would agree to Ian's input on allowing throwing within the Wildcat formation. I don't even play online games with unknown people anymore b/c of the ridiculous amount of cheese...I got so fed up with seeing guys going for it on 4th & 11 on their own 24-yrd line in the 1st half or only using 3 plays the entire game that it just seemed pointless.

While yes, it is in the game I would imagine 25-50% of the gamers would play exclusively in this offense the entire game. I would love some house rules to be forced (such as only being able to go for it on 4th down if it's reasonable, unable to select the same play continually) and possibly there could be some limitations on how the Wildcat could be used in online play.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 17

[quote=davjaffe;2040400419]In addition to hoping that snap-takers in the "Wildcat" be able to scramble in Patch #2/Madden 11, I also really hope that they work in the ability to do some more of the "tricky" stuff out of "Wildcat" sets, like a lateral to the QB followed by a pass.[/quote]

This is stuff I want to see, I dont want to see it because its cheap, I want to see it because it looks fregin cool lol.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4
Again, I have no problem stopping it. I have a problem with people abusing the hell out of it. Simply because nothing else is working for them, or they're just to lazy to learn other plays in there playbooks. I hate doing this to shut people up because my opinion is different then the idiots who keep telling me I have a problem stopping the play. My gamertag is DAMIEN 138, in my last 4 ranked games I've shutout my opponents. In my last 10 games, 5 have been shutouts. In those last 10 games played, was against people abusing the wildcat. 7 of my last 10 opponents quit or dc'd because I kept shutting down the wildcat and picked off their passes on 3rd and 4th downs. Pretty boring to finish my games against the computer 90% of the time because people are too lazy to learn their playbooks when their wildcat and screen plays fail. And I'll say it one more time, I HAVE NO PROBLEM STOPPING IT, I just wish EA gets rid of it if they dont fix the a.i on the defensive side of the ball.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by davjaffe
In addition to hoping that snap-takers in the "Wildcat" be able to scramble in Patch #2/Madden 11, I also really hope that they work in the ability to do some more of the "tricky" stuff out of "Wildcat" sets, like a lateral to the QB followed by a pass.
I think Ian has already said it wont be in patch 2.

I agree about there needing to be more plays from it too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »