Home

when is patch 2 expected to come out?

This is a discussion on when is patch 2 expected to come out? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: when is patch 2 expected to come out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
these are my favorite types of answers. You know, the ones where someone is "stupid" and thats why they are still playing and enjoying Madden. LOL
He didn't call anybody stupid, once again (and is often the case here) your reading what you want into something. Then posting it making it look like people said something they didn't.

He used the word undiscerning, I used the word tolerant. You decided to bring up the label "stupid".

If you want to stick solely to replicating NFL rules, its not debatable the game gets things wrong. Clock rules and Franchise tags are perfect examples. You cant deny they aren't broken, you just have to put up with not working at all , or working sporadically.

I have no problems that some of you can ignore, look past or dismiss those problems. However I feel its impossible to have a competitive , simulation game without at the very least the game clock working correctly.

While I would stop short of saying it would take a stupid person to not care about it, I would have no problems saying it would take a tolerant one.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #90
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
I suppose I call people still playing it tolerant? I dont need to form an opinion on those people to come to any type of conclusion.
Really? I would think you would when your are stating that casual people are now giving up on Madden, as if, casual gamers would be the only people that would play this game with its shortcomings since a hardcore gamer wouldn't.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 23

The tackles stat wont be fixed. I think everyone who is waiting on that is SOL.

EAs reason as to why the tackle stats were messed up made absolutely no sense at all. It was just a rant on what they think it is. Im not seeing this get fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #92
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky23
http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/11/03...er-updates-off

It's confirmed that the next roster update won't be until November 20th. I guess you can assume that this is being done to have the main focus of the staff be the finalization of Patch #2
So does this mean that the patch isnt even in Ms's or Sony's hands yet?...If not this patch wont be here until December..if thats the case wow just wow EA..LOL
Old 11-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
So does this mean that the patch isnt even in Ms's or Sony's hands yet?...If not this patch wont be here until December..if thats the case wow just wow EA..LOL
Yea i highly doubt we will see the patch before Thanksgiving. Its at least a 2 week process once EA submits it to MS and Sony.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #94
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
The tackles stat wont be fixed. I think everyone who is waiting on that is SOL.

EAs reason as to why the tackle stats were messed up made absolutely no sense at all. It was just a rant on what they think it is. Im not seeing this get fixed.
it did make sense and josh explained it thoroughly (it is a display issue for user controlled games) and also gave frequent updates in the thread about sim stat tweaks he was making. he said he got it close to on point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
i don't think the roster updates have anything to do with the patch in terms of the MS / Sony patch approval. i believe they are separate.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Yea i highly doubt we will see the patch before Thanksgiving. Its at least a 2 week process once EA submits it to MS and Sony.
If that's the case I don't apologize one bit for all the negative comments posted towards the Devs. Having the final patch released on a date closer to the start of the playoffs than the start of the regular season is truly pathetic on EA's part.

I think I finally understand why Sony and Microsoft take so long to allow patches to be released ... they don't want to approve a patch from EA that's filled with the number of glitches that EA's initial product releases with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 11:52 PM   #96
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
He said that casual gamers are QUICK to put down Madden 10 due to all of the flaws.
Yup i totally agree what Rmoody classified a "casual" gamer to be very opinionated and very off.

But then you say this something very opinionated yourself and also very off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
He said that casual gamers are QUICK to put down Madden 10 due to all of the flaws. Casual gamers usually would less sensitive to the games flaws than us hardcore fans because they're expectations are lower. The fact that even a lot of casual gamers are becoming frustrated with Madden 10 and losing interest says something.
So where are you getting this "FACT" as you say ..that even casual gamers are being turned off madden as well?

Is this "fact" coming from your personal opinion? Because if so..its not a fact and its very off and frankly, just your opinon. There are far more people enjoying madden this year then not... i can tell you how you can prove that "FACT" to your own self. Go make a poll asking who likes madden this year and who dislikes madden this year right in these very forums..i dare you! lol

Come on now..lets beeeeeeeeeeeee honest, if you were to post that poll in here..what do you think the poll results would be?

Cough Cough, i rest my case..back to M10 i go

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »