Home

too many tackles in franchise.

This is a discussion on too many tackles in franchise. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
too many tackles in franchise.

after tweaking with the sliders for a month, i was comfortable enough to start a franchise. but first i simmed an entire season to see how everything would turn out.

the passing yards were a bit low, and the passing TDs were a bit high, but what was more off putting was the obscene amount of tackles linebackers would accumulate.

the most tackles that season was an astonishing 163. and that was only SOLO tackles. i simmed a few games, and saw LBs consistently racking up 13 solo tackles a game.

is there any way to fix this? im hesitant to lower the game time from 14 minutes/qtr because i get an accurate 60 plays per game. maybe i should increase the run off time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #2
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: too many tackles in franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tseliottt
after tweaking with the sliders for a month, i was comfortable enough to start a franchise. but first i simmed an entire season to see how everything would turn out.

the passing yards were a bit low, and the passing TDs were a bit high, but what was more off putting was the obscene amount of tackles linebackers would accumulate.

the most tackles that season was an astonishing 163. and that was only SOLO tackles. i simmed a few games, and saw LBs consistently racking up 13 solo tackles a game.

is there any way to fix this? im hesitant to lower the game time from 14 minutes/qtr because i get an accurate 60 plays per game. maybe i should increase the run off time?

You really cant do much dude!!!
I too have that issue J.Laurinaitis always seem's to be defensive rookie of the year and consistently gets over 140 solo tackles a season...so I actually started playing only as a middle linebacker on D and playing 15 min games with 20 sec run off, and i could get on average 2 sacks a game and around 9 tackles...it also depends what D scheme teams play, if they are 4-3 the the MLB will get around 130 solo tackles...if they are 3-4 then they will get around 90 to 100.
I will see by the end of my season if my MLB gets around that amount!!!

The best game I had was, 13 tackles 6 sacks 2 forced fumbles and a blocked FG which counted as a fumble recovery all with 1 player!!!

So I really don't see how to fix it, I think EA are trying to sort out the simmed stats, I'm not to sure tho.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Tackles are broke. I think it's supposed to be in patch #2. Hopefully in the first week of november. I don't know if you have to start a new franchise to take advantage of this? Although I've heard that the tackles for users don't show correctly but are being added up correctly. For example in my franchise J. Beason is always a beast with tackles, I'm talking like almost 200 in a season. Meanwhile my 2 MLBs(rookies from UT) Don't get much( I run 3-4) But I believe I beat Beason one year for LB of the year by getting like 16 sacks with D.Ware and pretty good tackle numbers. I think it just shows the crappy # for user tackles but the "real" number is recognized by the cpu. Can't remember where I read it.....
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 10-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

hey thanks guys.

i was going to wait until the 2nd patch anyways.

and actually, the guy who got those 163 tackles was in fact james laurinitus. haha.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tseliottt
hey thanks guys.

i was going to wait until the 2nd patch anyways.

and actually, the guy who got those 163 tackles was in fact james laurinitus. haha.
WOW they really made him a beast in this game, do they predict he is in real life coz to be honest I really haven't watched him or the rams this season!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by z ROCKnROLLA z
You really cant do much dude!!!
I too have that issue J.Laurinaitis always seem's to be defensive rookie of the year and consistently gets over 140 solo tackles a season...so I actually started playing only as a middle linebacker on D and playing 15 min games with 20 sec run off, and i could get on average 2 sacks a game and around 9 tackles...it also depends what D scheme teams play, if they are 4-3 the the MLB will get around 130 solo tackles...if they are 3-4 then they will get around 90 to 100.
I will see by the end of my season if my MLB gets around that amount!!!

The best game I had was, 13 tackles 6 sacks 2 forced fumbles and a blocked FG which counted as a fumble recovery all with 1 player!!!

So I really don't see how to fix it, I think EA are trying to sort out the simmed stats, I'm not to sure tho.
So you get 2 sacks and 8-9 tackles a game whenplaying with your MLB? Wow I wish I could get that. I am lucky to get 5-6 tackles alone. I play with the Bucs and I play with Ruud. He has high tackle ratings but it seems like when I shoot the gap and I am the first to get to the RB they always break the tackle.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
So you get 2 sacks and 8-9 tackles a game whenplaying with your MLB? Wow I wish I could get that. I am lucky to get 5-6 tackles alone. I play with the Bucs and I play with Ruud. He has high tackle ratings but it seems like when I shoot the gap and I am the first to get to the RB they always break the tackle.
I'm lucky to get 5-6 tackles a game w/ London Fletcher, which is a joke. Most games he has 2-3 tackles w/ 1-2 asst.
NOT EVEN close to what he should be. I'm playing 15min qtrs, so the Mins aren't the problem.

Simmed stats gives too many tackles and played games gives too few. I hope they address this in Patch 2.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #8
Rookie

z ROCKnROLLA z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
Ruud is a good player but lacks the speed to get to the outside and to the QB, thats what I found anyway. If you use Strafe RT you will put the runner down!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »