Home

Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask for?

This is a discussion on Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask for? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask f

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Is it me or does every corner want Champ Baily money???

I never resign CBs, try to get a steal in the late rounds and ink em for 7 years 350K no bonus yessirrr!
I LOL'd at my desk!! Atta boy!!!!

I'll try letting the CPU sign my 1st rounders from now on and do the rest myself.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #10
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask f

Quote:
Originally Posted by morieeel
If you set "sign draft picks" to CPU they will be a lot lower.. Probably too low, but its better than giving 6 mill to your number one... If your borderline on the cap though,watch out because the cpu will release players to sign picks...
Rookies wanting a lot of money is realistic though. Look at Ryan and Stafford that last two years. And don't even get me started on the Crabtree debacle.

Most contracts are legit in the gmae, but honestly no player, outside the QB postition, should be asking for $100 million when the contract is up.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 10-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

The main problem I have is that the CPU can sign premium free agents to cheap deals at will.

In my game, Leon Washington (82) was cut before the season. I went to see how much he was looking for and he wanted something like a $4 year $20 million deal from me.

I start the season and he signs with the CPU (redskins) for 1-year $620k. The lowest offer I can even make to any veteran player is 1-year $850k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
Rookie

Hoovie's Arena

OVR: 3

Deegeezy is exactly right. The problem is not that some players don't want to sign with some teams. The REAL problem is that it is ALWAYS weighted agianst the human team.

If I'm the Cowboys, and I go 15-1 on my way to a Superbowl victory, there is not a FA in the league who should not want to sign with me. Unfortunatley, in Madden, I must overpay for even the scrubs in the league, where the 1-15 teams can pay them quite a bit less.

I only hope that they did not do this on purpose, and that it is a bug. It breaks franchise for me more than any other complaint I have about the game.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #13
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I did a Chiefs 'chise and had several free agents refuse offers, no matter how much I offered them. I actually find it to be realistic to a point, but if i'm offering Brandon Flowers like 20 mil a year, he should accept.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I still think there is a legitimate bug being brought up here. No matter how terrible the rookie, the minimum you can get a player from the FA is over 1 million for a year. Like the previous poster mentioned, these players are in the FA list screen as wanting 400k, but when you go to sign they're always above 1 mil.

Heh, these OVR 30 that sit in the bottom of the FA list sure are ambitious ;-)

Last edited by csthopper; 10-28-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 6

This is a major issue I think. I've let players go because I didn't want to resign them for too much. But often I get them requesting way to much, so I have no choice. I had Talib (93 overall by that stage) turn down a $60+ mil offer for 5 years to stay on my team. Still no love.

I know there should be the Haynesworth element. Where a player wants to see his worth in free agency. But I find the same player in FA will still not agree to my offers even when they are above other teams'. I even check the players requirements and I meet them all very strongly...

It doesn't make the game unplayable. Infact it helps make things more interesting when I have to work my roster and not be able to hold on to all my good players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #16
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

I like the way it is in game.Makes it a better challenge.
I think they should leave it like it is.
I also think it is done by design for a challenge.
I had a player that wouldn't even take 112mill because my team STUNK!
He eventually signed after a Franchise Tag at the end of the next season during the playoffs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »