Home

Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask for?

This is a discussion on Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask for? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask f

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I like the way it is in game.Makes it a better challenge.
I think they should leave it like it is.
I also think it is done by design for a challenge.
I had a player that wouldn't even take 112mill because my team STUNK!
He eventually signed after a Franchise Tag at the end of the next season during the playoffs

Realism would be a great challenge.

Not this make it harder for the human stuff. Not signing because the player isn't interested in playing for a weak team is one thing (though no player would reject a 112 M contract, imo), but if one team can sign a guy for like 1/10 of what it takes for you to sign him - that's not realism. That's just cheap "adding challenge".

The challenge can come in by creating bidding wars and escalating prices and make you think if you want to pay the rising bids. Not by what it's doing now, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #26
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask f

They should go to the HC 09 method of free agency with the bidding.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
This! Heck lets make just about everything in franchise like HC09, That was a near perfect game in terms of ideas.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #28
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
What you have to remember is, they make a lot of money, but they spend a lot of money, too.
What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Realism would be a great challenge.

Not this make it harder for the human stuff. Not signing because the player isn't interested in playing for a weak team is one thing (though no player would reject a 112 M contract, imo), but if one team can sign a guy for like 1/10 of what it takes for you to sign him - that's not realism. That's just cheap "adding challenge".

The challenge can come in by creating bidding wars and escalating prices and make you think if you want to pay the rising bids. Not by what it's doing now, imo.
Exactly what I'm trying to say... thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
That's why I still like that game... NFL Head Coach 09 is still enjoyable today because of how polished its franchise was... with so many options, paths to go to, coaches to hire, systems to develop... it is PERFECT for Madden IMO.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #29
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

If you guys like Head Coach so much then why dont you just go play Head Coach?

Why would they take everything from HC09 and out it in Madden?

They would have to call it Head Coach then.Madden is Madden and Head Coach is Head Coach. PERIOD Just like 2k5 is 2k5 and Madden is Madden.If you like that other game so much then go to that Forum.This is the Madden Forums.

And if you guys don't like the amount of money rookies ask for then turn the cap off.

Look guys Madden 10 is A VIDEO GAME. It is supposed to be challenging!

Get over it and play the game for what it is PLEASE!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #30
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

They would have to call it Head Coach then.Madden is Madden and Head Coach is Head Coach. PERIOD Just like 2k5 is 2k5 and Madden is Madden.If you like that other game so much then go to that Forum.This is the Madden Forums.

And if you guys don't like the amount of money rookies ask for then turn the cap off.

I do like Head Coach, and I still do play Head Coach... lol. I don't think anyone is saying Head Coach is the better game and that it should completely replace Madden ... we're just saying the *franchise* part of NFL HC would be perfect for Madden.

They're not even the same type of game so making a post like that is kind of ignorant if you ask me. One is a strategy, GM kind of game while the other is a go-out-and-play-yourself type of game.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:

idk maybe u havent played head oach but thepoint is that these guys are making is to have theideas and scheme of head coach, which there, to my knowledge, is no more, andadd it t the madden franchise. i myself dont likehead coach because i like to play the gams myself not sit back and call plays, but i like mnaging my roster, drafting and building my own stars. thas what franchise is abou
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiCKY_J
idk maybe u havent played head oach but thepoint is that these guys are making is to have theideas and scheme of head coach, which there, to my knowledge, is no more, andadd it t the madden franchise. i myself dont likehead coach because i like to play the gams myself not sit back and call plays, but i like mnaging my roster, drafting and building my own stars. thas what franchise is abou
Thats exactly how i am. I like to play my games so the one thing i dont like about head coach is just calling plays and watching.. Which means that everything else about head coach 09 must be amazing considering i still play it despite not being able to play a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »