Home

Different Copy Than You???

This is a discussion on Different Copy Than You??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2009, 11:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Different Copy Than You???

I honestly think that there are different versions of the game.
we all can adjust the sliders the same way but i will still read how some folks get no difference or the opposite effect than everyone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Different Copy Than You???

I disagree. Not everyone is the same skill level. What works for some may not work for others. Sliders are to adjust play to fit you. I may be good at stoping the run but not the pass so I need pass-D sliders tuned in may favor and run-D sliders tuned in the CPU's favor. But you may be oppsite from me so my sliders would not work as well for you. Sliders are a funny thing and will never be perfect but can be tuned to give you a great game. The reason they don't work the same for all is skill level.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #3
Rookie

i agree about the skill level but there are still things that vary player to player such as sim stats,cutscenes,penalties,weather

those things should be the same for every copy regardless of skill
Old 12-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Dude the 4 things you list are random stuff. Stats will always differ. What roster you play with, patchs could have the effect on stats. Cutscreans are not effected by sliders. Penalites are random as well. I never get the same number per game. I have had games with 10+ and games with less then 5 and never changed my sliders. And unless you are online the weather is random and sliders have zero effect on it.
All the things you list are not effected by sliders. The game does random stuff and your copy is the same as my copy. Why would EA, a company the cares more about making money then the gamer, make different copies of the game. That would cost them more money.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
Rookie

im not saying that those things are effected by sliders.

ex: 4 guys all use the same coaching sliders for franchise. one of one of those players say they get too many rushing td's. two say they get too few rushing td's. the last guy says his franchise gets a decent amount of rushing td's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 12:37 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 50

I don't know about that. Doesn't sound like anything I've heard from people on OS. Most of the problems with madden before the patches were relatively consistent with the other members. Most had the same problems.
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures
Old 12-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

Dude I still say random. Here is why. You can sim the same game 5 different times and get different results. Sim is random with this game. I always sim my first season with a team don't know why. I did this yesterday with the Lions and I only won 1 game. I decided to start over because I used a imported draft class but wanted to use the random draft class. So I started over this morning. Same team and same sliders. This time I made the payoffs. I didn't make any roster moves both times and injuries were off both times. I hate to lose a guy for a career before ever playing a game. The first time Stafford threw 22 ints but sim #2 he was 23 td's to 7 int's. I changed nothing. The disk was the same it is just random.
First sim Brady was MVP and second sim Bree's was MVP. Brady didn't even make the pro-bowl on second sim. So the sim is random and I don't know that sliders effect the sim all that much. Hey man if you feel it is different disk then think that but know its random.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I don know about what the OP is refering to, but I do think the game plays differently based on your profile. I cannot explain other than to say when I delete my profile and start from scratch the games seems to play very differently. It's because of this I have stopped saving my profile after completing games. Again I don't know exactly what difference this makes (if any) it's just something i've noticed.

I don't use my skill either, if that's what you might have been thinking.

Last edited by homeycool; 12-06-2009 at 01:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »