Home

Hit SQUARE for more sacks!

This is a discussion on Hit SQUARE for more sacks! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Hit SQUARE for more sacks!

alot of the animations are probably meant to keep things more realistic. I am playing a season with the bills and so far i am averaging 1.5 sacks with maybin. as a whole i get about 3-5 sacks per game. After maybin starts getting throught the line alot, ive noticed that they pay more attention to the strong side and so it lightens up the preassure on the weak side for schobel and stroud. Maybin leads my team in sacks with schobel 2nd and stroud 3rd. I can't recall what the average team has in sacks per game in real life but i feel that the amount of sacks im getting and the pressure is enough to keep the game feeling more realistic. Oh also the even if your not getting all the sacks, the preassure that is created when rushing the passer leads to alot of forced throws and picks.... Just like in real life. So just because the animations might be shotty, it is nice that it keeps the stats somewhat realistic, Unlike the 73 sacks in one year with D.Ware in madden 08(barley played 09, thought is was the worst madden ever.)

Old 10-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
It happens when the throwing animation is just starting.

Throwing animation starts.

Defenders has a slow pause (no movement, looks weird)

Throwing animation continues.

Defenders just falls down, instead of diving at the QB.

Quarterback completes pass as if nothing happened. (which it didn't... because the game didn't let it happen)

I'm pretty sure this happens when you are too far away when you dive or have no momentum going towards the QB. IF you dive a little bit closer to the QB he will do the dive where he takes the QB's legs out. A little closer than that and it will be a dive to the body and I've seen the dive interrupt the throwing animation for the QB and transition into a sack animation. (I know for sure that there have been plays where if I would have used R stick, the QB would have gotten rid of it cause the animation had already begun, but when I hit dive, it seemed like it trumped the throwing animation into a sack... which was nice

Anybody have any success?
Old 10-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

Seems to me the dive button is useless in this game. Instead of the player actually rocketting forward a bit, the player usually just kind of lays on the ground. I never dive for that reason. I don't think it gains u any advantage and with the right juke you've taken yourself out of the play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus82
Seems to me the dive button is useless in this game. Instead of the player actually rocketting forward a bit, the player usually just kind of lays on the ground. I never dive for that reason. I don't think it gains u any advantage and with the right juke you've taken yourself out of the play
You are prob. diving too early, or with no momentum going towards the QB. I've had that happen as well. GEt closer to the QB before you dive- definately not useless for me. Once you get the technique down, you will see results.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Diving is interesting. There's been times where the guy just jumped in the air and fell straight down. Not sure what causes that. I mean, even from a dead standstill if you dive, you're not going to float in the air and then fall.

Diving for sacks works - usually I end up with that going low on the legs hit (which is roughing the passer under the Tom Brady rules...er I mean the new rules) though sometimes get the much more satisfying hit in the body.

Another one that would likely be roughing is when they grab twirl and spin down the QB. Refs would probably consider that roughing these days.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 11

I can actually vouch for this myself. I remember reading about it before, but just recently tried it, and it does work--you just have to time it right.

I don't consider it cheese either, because a) it's hard enough to get sacks as it is, and b) it can still be hit or miss depending on how early/late you press the button.

Challenging, but doable. So now when I play the game, I don't see sacks as much of an issue anywhere.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I don't like the entire logic of what goes on here. If I have a defender that is coming off the edge and the QB's back is facing him, why does he have to slide toward the front of the QB and tackle? It's like they make him do this every time. Why not just run through his back or grab his arm so he cannot throw it?

But it is like they have a system check and animation check in place so that the QB can get the ball out every time even when he shouldn't be able to. I don't have any problems getting to the QB, I have problems with the QB getting the ball off. I hate the Michael Jordan Fade away pass that is always accurate. This is prevalent against both the A.I and other human players. I don't mind a player doing the Jordan Fade away, but to have it accurate every damn time is what pisses me off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #16
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't know about you guys, but I don't have problems with sacks with hit stick and such or sacks from the qb with their back to me. The other day I hit a quarterback in his back while his arm was coming back and the ball fell out in a fumble, just like the forward rule, and it was challenged. I got 7 sacks the other night with marcus spears in one game against green bay, I don't have any issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »