Home

Hardcore Playcall=Better Gameplay?

This is a discussion on Hardcore Playcall=Better Gameplay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

Imaking332's Arena

OVR: 5
Hardcore Playcall=Better Gameplay?

IMO Changing the style from Advanced to Hardcore equals better gameplay and a better challenge against the CPU. When I was playing my Franchise mode game as the Chiefs(4-1) vs Texans(4-2), I was leading as usual as I won every game I played(loss was a simmed game). The score was 19-10 and I experimented by changing the style to Hardcore playcall. Then all of a sudden My run game was getting shut down the defense stopped their crazy blitzing as much and started playing coverage, and the quarterbacks actually threw deep passes on 3rd and Long. They had a comeback and the score became 19-20. After a very desperate interception I squeezed out a win. Even though it was the toughest game I played yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
Rookie

murdamann10's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Hardcore Playcall=Better Gameplay?

Sounds like it is something I need to try. Anyone else tried this approach yet, I am very curious to find out if it works.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:00 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

I agree murdamann. I just started my franchise last night. I'll have to see what it's all about.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
DickDalewood

OVR:

I actually noticed this too. I had to go back down to all-pro from all-madden when I did this.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

What does the hardcore do? I thought it would only remove the lines on the plays you called. Does the defense call better plays in this mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 21

Any input from EA would be greatly appreciated on this matter. There's several trains of thought as to what this actually does, but nobody is sure. I'll never understand how the devs could put this in the game, and then tell absolutely nobody how it works. Apparently, it's one of EA's tiny little pointless secrets...

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Maybe I don't remember what life was like on Advanced, but I have it on Hardcore and still see tons of blitzing from every team.

As for what it does, maybe it changes the likelihood that the AI "knows" what you're going to run? In other words, harder to trick it by running in a typical passing situation or using run to set up the pass or vice versa (because the AI knows you called a run or pass so it will defend accordingly instead of getting tricked like a human might).
Old 10-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

since switching to Hardcore, I've seen the cpu use less sellout blitzes. I've also seen them take more chances down the field, especially on 2nd and short situations.

The cpu seems to adapt quicker to what you're playcalling/playstyle as well.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »