Home

Madden NFL 11: What We Want (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: What We Want (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #9
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11: What We Want (IGN)

ESPN broadcast, SNF broadcast, Guss Johnson screaming in the mic! Broncos v. Bengals was classic! MNF Broadcast, Thanksgiving Day special, Thurs. Football etc. etc. etc.

They make a great point. EA has the Nfl license, use it to its fullest.
-----------------------------------------------------
A.I. being intelligent is a must. A real adaptive A.I. for once.
Ex. If I run 2 successful toss plays in a row, the same call, the A.I. needs to adapt.
--------------------------------------------------------
And this is really another must imo.

No more canned animations! Football players should look like their counterparts.
No 2 plays should look the same. Ex. Euphoria engine by NaturalMotion
--------------------------------------------------------
If EA/Tiburon was able to pull these things off. I would begin to belive that it is possible to have EVERYTHING we see on Thurs. Sun. and Mon.
I would pay $100 for it if they did all of the above!

Last edited by dfos81; 10-29-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #10
Rookie

AlphaTrojan's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree with the last point more than anything. What are powerups doing in a sports game and why are they charging for them? Most of the things you can buy were in past franchise modes.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #11
DickDalewood

OVR:

Aside from the obvious AI/gameplay enhancements, I reallllllllly want the presentation stuff that NCAA Basketball has been able to impliment... man would that be sweet.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #12
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

here's mine: 1) Bring back Fair Play Rules online...it makes for a much better game.

2) Full Rosters - This is the last year we should be forced to play without access to ALL our players.

3) Press Coverage - I second that emotion on what a poster said earlier...no defense runs press every down, but gameplay doesn't punish it...let's see more FATIGUE, defensive holding, illegal contact and even pass interference when it's used too excessively.

4) Defensive Commit - many players are predictable and we should have the pre-snap ability to commit our defense to stop offenses that don't vary playcalls. Commit to pass, run or misdirection (draws, play-action and screens) and RESET to normal... just the thing for those 3rd and Longs when our blitzing LBs attack the running back instead of the QB. D'OH! for the last time...don't fool the AI--FOOL ME! but seriously, something has to be done to counter guys just getting QBs with high play-action ratings like Manning or Brees and running play-action every down just because it makes our defenses act like idiots. give us more user control in the form of telling our defenses what's "coming" is critical. it'd be just the thing to bring the "CHESS" and "out-think your opponent" aspect into Madden...this way we can finally tell our AI teammates how to react. reaping the REWARDS if i'm RIGHT, and the CONSEQUENCES if i'm wrong.

5) Individual Coverage Audibles - errr....maybe i only wanna play press coverage on one receiver.

6) Man Lock - before we go making offenses all super-duper we need to bring this back...a defensive must-have.

7) Receiver Shading - we're gonna have to have SOME way to stop quick slants if we can't play press....

8) Online Depth Chart - let us save our formation subs here as well.

9) Challenge Spot - let's make this actually WORK next year. i can't see how its any different from challenging a bad call. of course this means bad "spots" will be in the game too

Screen Plays - Man-to-Man defenses should be MUCH more effective .vs. the screen...here's another NOVEL idea: lets see players with high AWR sniff these out too.

Excessive Drop Backs - still happens too much. let's end this one once and for all...call holding on 90% of downs when a QB drops back further than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 10

Here is my list:

1) 100% complete functioning online franchise mode (import NCAA draft classes, salary cap, free agency, teams moving, freedom for comissioner to have lots of options for settings).

2) Some sort of pre-snap strategy that make sense and is realistic and not over done. If you absolutelty know on 2nd and 2 a guy is going with a PA then allow the defense to pre-snap commit to pass. If you guess right chances are reduced for the D to get beat deep if you guess wrong your defensive backs are slower to play the run and you maybe get hit for a decent run. If you choose neither to comitt to pass or run then the play gets played straight up.

3) I am hoping in Maden 11 EA finally comes clean with what the ratings affect and what the sliders affect. I have read many post talking about putting an online with ratings reduced to the minumum not giving up any more sacks than normal to a maxed out defensive line. I have not verified this for myself but I am guessing it is probably true.

4) Better gameplay AI. I've seen the CPU punt the ball on 4th and 6 at midfield with less than 2 minutes remaining and they have no time outs. No way this should be happening in a video game that has been produced as long as Madden has.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #14
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Little to nothing about gameplay. That's all I want from Madden, gameplay and presentation. I give the article a 1/10.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Little to nothing about gameplay. That's all I want from Madden, gameplay and presentation. I give the article a 1/10.
Same here.

It's been noted here in the past that EA and ESPN will be difficult to incorporate because of the NFL or something similar to that. They did use NFL Network reporters in this years game and I feel that might be the direction they will go to.

It sounds complicated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #16
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
here's mine: 1) Bring back Fair Play Rules online...it makes for a much better game.

2) Full Rosters - This is the last year we should be forced to play without access to ALL our players.

3) Press Coverage - I second that emotion on what a poster said earlier...no defense runs press every down, but gameplay doesn't punish it...let's see more FATIGUE, defensive holding, illegal contact and even pass interference when it's used too excessively.

4) Defensive Commit - many players are predictable and we should have the pre-snap ability to commit our defense to stop offenses that don't vary playcalls. Commit to pass, run or misdirection (draws, play-action and screens) and RESET to normal... just the thing for those 3rd and Longs when our blitzing LBs attack the running back instead of the QB. D'OH! for the last time...don't fool the AI--FOOL ME! but seriously, something has to be done to counter guys just getting QBs with high play-action ratings like Manning or Brees and running play-action every down just because it makes our defenses act like idiots. give us more user control in the form of telling our defenses what's "coming" is critical. it'd be just the thing to bring the "CHESS" and "out-think your opponent" aspect into Madden...this way we can finally tell our AI teammates how to react. reaping the REWARDS if i'm RIGHT, and the CONSEQUENCES if i'm wrong.

5) Individual Coverage Audibles - errr....maybe i only wanna play press coverage on one receiver.

6) Man Lock - before we go making offenses all super-duper we need to bring this back...a defensive must-have.

7) Receiver Shading - we're gonna have to have SOME way to stop quick slants if we can't play press....

8) Online Depth Chart - let us save our formation subs here as well.

9) Challenge Spot - let's make this actually WORK next year. i can't see how its any different from challenging a bad call. of course this means bad "spots" will be in the game too

Screen Plays - Man-to-Man defenses should be MUCH more effective .vs. the screen...here's another NOVEL idea: lets see players with high AWR sniff these out too.

Excessive Drop Backs - still happens too much. let's end this one once and for all...call holding on 90% of downs when a QB drops back further than 10 yards from the line of scrimmage.
Nice stuff.
I also wonder why we can't configure our buttons, so I don't hitstick when I'm trying to brk blks w/ R3. Maybe this is just on the PS3.
Does the 360 give you options to change the button Config?

I was going to ask this question on the Q & A that EA wanted but I was told not to bump it anymore. I don't want my question to be considered a bump on that thread. So Just wondering if its on the 360?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by dfos81; 10-29-2009 at 11:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »