Home

Madden NFL 11: What We Want (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: What We Want (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 11: What We Want (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
PS superstar mode sucks, nothing they do will ever make that mode worth playing, so just leave it out already
+1. Probably sounded great in theory in someone's office or boardroom, but in practice is implemented poorly, is boring, and is a waste of space and resources.

Not much sense is spending time and energy on this mode when consumers are still pleading to get the traditional game fixed.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 8

I just want the fundamentals properly addressed and the physics done right. The OL shouldn't be morphing into places. If a CB misses a swat and the receiver catches the ball, he shouldn't spin around and make the tackle. The CB or user should be held accountable for poor timing.

Adrian Peterson shouldn't break 2-3 tackles a play just because he's rated a 99. Tackles should be broken based on the defender strength, weight, the tackle they decide to choose, and the angle they come at.

If a defender decides to use a low tackle, it's should be up to the user controlling the running back to avoid it, not a random animation that occurs just because a player is rated 99.

Angle makes a big difference to the type of tackle a player is going to use. I think there should be more variety in tackling for 11'. I tap the tackle button, I should do a light tackle or a dive. If a player press down on a tackle, they should wrap up.

Again, the angle should make a big difference in whether the tackle is successful. I would like to have the option to do a reach tackle. Reach tackles are ways to slow down the ball carrier or possibly bring them down based on the weight and strength of that player. Of course, the hit stick remains as the ultimate big hit throwing the entire momentum on the ball carrier but it should be more of a risk/reward feature depending on the angle of the defender.

Either lay the player out or miss.

I thought it was a great list as well but I think EA should just ditch the Superstar mode and focus on making the gameplay better. Most people prefer to play as team in franchise mode rather just one player. With online franchise added as well, superstar mode is just an afterthought.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #51
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

The list is ok....I like somethings a lot, others aren't bad ideas, just don't really excite me either. Still, love it whenever someone is trying to make suggestions to make the game better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 13

That list, with the exception of ESPN presentation, is crap - the fact that they even wasted time mentioning the "Superstupid" mode made me feel dumb for having wasted the time to read that!

The thing that really urks me about superstar is that for years prior to its insertion in Madden the forums clamored for the ability to get our franchise players into the HOF, and they drop this "mode" into the game where if you have no life you can get 1 guy into the HOF, I thought it was really insulting to the intelligence of us as consumers.

Well I don"t know if anyone has noticed but now the HOF adds players in Franchice mode very, very quietly! I have not gon far enough in 'chise mode to see if drafted players could make it in but Farve and a few others that are not in when you start begin to show up down the road in franchise mode which is pretty cool.

There are so many things not on that list that are way more important that I do not even have time to type them all up. i can think of 20 off the top of my head that are way more important than anything on that list. Just silly really.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 17

This is what i think madden 11 should have.

1st. (Refs) make the refs more life like. make them throw flags pick up the ball and spot it. make them say the number of the person that committed the foul. like offsides number 43 defence bla bla..

2nd. (tackling) There was no double hits in madden 10 or if there was i did not notice it bec they were not done right. i did not like the overall tackling in madden 10 at all. i fell this is one of the most important things of a football game they should work the most on this in madden 11.

3rd. (atmosphere) I think madden 10 did a pretty good job on this but they could do a hole lot more in madden 11. give it a more tv like experience. like a good halftime show.. also the broadcast was horrible in madden 10. please fix that in madden 11. and in madden 11 could you make the uniforms get dirty.

4th. (the field goal kicks) Can the madden kick offs be a little more fun. its so boring i the past maddens. make it more challenging like in all pro 2k8.

5th. (the sideline) why is the sideline during game play so bad. this is on next gen consoles right??? and i dont care what the crowd looks like as none *** the sideline is more life like. i would rather have a paper crowd and have a life like sideline than the opposite.

if madden 11 can have these things i will be a happy man.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:46 AM   #54
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

There is a lot EA can do with Madden to make it better that aren't even pipe dreams. The truth is that Madden 10 isn't even as good as last generation Madden with the exception of graphics and a couple nice features. We finally got in 09 and M10 features that were in Madden 06 through current on PS2 like Smart routes and slide protection. I don't even need to compare 2k games with Madden because until Madden lives up to it's own past and head coach, I can't take it seriously.

A lot of what IGN is nice, but not all of it is doable. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I seriously though Madden 10 would be better than this. Maybe my expectations were too high. I just want to relive the fun I had playign last gen Madden with the flashy graphics of today's game... because, honestly, this game LOOKS amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »