Home

Madden NFL 11: What We Want (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: What We Want (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
DickDalewood

OVR:
Madden NFL 11: What We Want (IGN)

IGN has posted an article entitled, Madden NFL 11: What We Want.

Quote:
"The true football fans of the world know that Madden NFL 10 made strides in some significant directions last year. They added some great gameplay and presentational touches that really helped bring the Madden experience closer to what you see on your couch every Sunday. That withstanding, there was certainly room for improvement in a few key areas that would help bring Madden to the next level and silence some of the naysayers."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 11: What We Want (IGN)

I agree with the first two. The others are insignificant to me.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Not a bad list. I agree with pretty much all of it. His hope that they'll include off field issues in Franchise is probably just that though.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would really have liked to see people with a voice (ala IGN) make a very strong push for a game engine revolution. Whether that's a new engine or a complete revamping of the current one, the mainstream outlets have to get into EA's ear... loudly.

This is a good list, though. But the underlying problem is and will continue to be the existing system based on animations that are fundamentally flawed. I think the current system is fixable. Let's start with making the rating matter... yeah, that's a good place to start!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #5
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

That is a good looking list.

Improved broadcast and even better gameplay would make Madden 11 untouchable.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

What I commented:

I agree with a lot of what you put up already. In addition to gameplay improvements, make ratings actually count-awareness to actually take affect, weight and momentum to be taken into account for any running animations, and finally the concept of the 3-4 defense to actually work-meaning the nosetackle to actually be double teamed, and add a new position along the D-Line called 5TDE or 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE; enough with 255 lb 3-4 DE's.

Franchise should actually have a practice squad (the PSP Madden '08 version had it) and a trimmable roster in the preseason. The draft should be accompanied with the Extra Point show analysis and a small visual presentation of each 1st round pick. That being said the draft scouting system should also switch back to where they give each prospect's projected round rather than potential rating right off the bat. We should have to discover this on our own through scouting. It's way too easy to build a superteam right now.

Going back to the Extra Point show, this year should hold an improved version of last year's where more highlights, analysis, and commentary have been added, especially in the in game shows. Game breaks during games could be a great addition.

Potential rating should not be set in stone, instead at the beginning of a season, each player gets a report card of projections based on what their expectations are that is accessible through out the season. Exceeding expectations will make a player progress faster and gain a higher potential than the initial one given to them. After repeated times failing to meet or exceed expectations, will trigger a permanent regression in player ratings. The older players get, the harder it is to meet their expectations and the faster their potential and overall ratings will slip until they become of little use to the team and appropriate action is taken. Expectations would also become harder to meet after sustaining devastating injuries which could lead to a drop in injury rating and the development of an ineffective, injury-prone player.

Finally for Franchise owner mode, as you said, should actually mean something. The lack of purpose is bringing me down. Dynamic fan attendance could be great too, both at home and on the road.

For Superstar, off the field actions should be offered with varying cut scenes or images to depict them, and you should be able to develop a created player's personality. Things like hair and tattoos should be customizable in addition to post-big-play-celebrations.

Incorporate the above concept of an expectations report card to make practices and work outs mean something and you'll have a feature to talk about.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Not a bad list. I agree with pretty much all of it. His hope that they'll include off field issues in Franchise is probably just that though.
I Agree. I don't think the NFL will have it at all.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #8
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I love this

Quote:
I'd also like to see an Owner Mode that requires you to deal with blackouts for your team. If fans don't attend, you need to make the crucial decision of whether to buy remaining seats and reap in ad revenue, or let your local fans sit in the darkness. All of these features and many more would make for an awesome Owner Mode for Madden NFL 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »