Home

Fumble / Safety Results in Touchback Bug in Madden 10

This is a discussion on Fumble / Safety Results in Touchback Bug in Madden 10 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Exclamation Fumble / Safety Results in Touchback Bug in Madden 10

Just encountered what's probably a fairly uncommon scenario in Madden 10 that didn't result in a valid outcome. Here's the scenario:

Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins on My Skill (rush is maxed) and default sliders.

It's first and ten on the 4 yard line and I'm ready to score. I do a Power rush from I-Formation with Marion Barber who fumbles the ball (for the second time heh). A Redskin picks it up but runs backwards with it. He had full possession of the ball on the 4 yard line. but was coming from behind the ball and thus picked it up and ran into the end zone where he was promptly tackled.

I thought great! I just got a safety! Yet instead it counted it as a touchback, and the Redskins start with the ball, not on the 4 (where the possession occurred) but on their own 20 yard line.

I have recorded the video and will post it as soon as I figure out my MPEG decoder problem on Snow Leopard.

Not sure if this has been reported before, but if not, hopefully it can be fixed in a patch or the next release of the game.

Last edited by Valdarez; 10-29-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Fumble / Safety Results in Touchback Bug in Madden 10

If the players momentum of recovering the fumble took him into the endzone, and not his effort to gain yardage, then it may be the correct call as a touchback...

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #3
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Fumble / Safety Results in Touchback Bug in Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
If the players momentum of recovering the fumble took him into the endzone, and not his effort to gain yardage, then it may be the correct call as a touchback...
Looking at the replay, his momentum definitely took him back 2 yards (of the 5 or 6 he ran backwards from the 4 yardline), but then he hurdles another player, which at that point I'm pretty sure he's in control as he's starting to turn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »