Home

What Causes Fumbles?

This is a discussion on What Causes Fumbles? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
Rookie

rallew's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What Causes Fumbles?

I seem to get a lot of fumbles with players who have a great Hitpowe rating. In my chise i am 5 years in with the Raiders and the safety, Mitchell seems to cause fumbles with his hit power. Sergio Kindle has 6 forced fumbles in 8 games too. I don't control these two specific players myself, though.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Coverup bumper? Hmmmm..... Oh wow, had no idea that was there! Just checked the control scheme and RB causes the runner to 'Protect Ball'. Dang. I'm a total n00b. heh Did RB do this in previous Maddens?
Yes, it's been in Madden for quite some time. At the same time, I never use it. I tend to run with Power HBs who have good Carrying stats. Also, what is the Fumble slider at for your slider settings? The Fumble slider is very sensitive, moving just 2-3 in either direction can result in a major change in the number of fumbles. In my games I had it at 55 for a while and my WRs would fumble 3-4 times a game, but I bumped it down to 53 and they fumble a lot less, but still a good deal more than my HBs.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
What button does this? Im using a friends copy and i dont have the booklet. Matter of fact we should get a game in sometime anyway.
LB to strip, RB to cover.

Both work, but in the right situations and at a pretty realistic rate.

Most guys don't know about covering up in traffic or just forget, so they leave themselves open to the strip. Covering up definitely works to minimize fumbles and is necessary in traffic.

To Val's question, you can move the pile with the R-stick while covering up, and even can break a tackle that way if you have a strong runner. But you're most often limited to short pushes of the pile, as you should be if most of your energy is concentrated on protecting the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I have noticed Barber breaking a LOT more tackles since I stopped using the RT with him. I plowed over the Raiders safety and took him out of the game with Barber. It was great.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

If I may ask, what is your "My Skill" setting at? I play on All-Pro, but my brother used to play on his Skill setting and he was complaining about an overly excessive amount of fumbles. His Skill setting had the CPU's run defense at 19 out of 20 and the fumble slider was entirely skewed in the CPU's favor as result. I watched him play a half once and he fumbled it maybe six times. Even accounting for the occasional time he wasn't protecting, it was just nuts.

I'm not discounting the 'protect ball' button, obviously; just throwing another idea out there as something that people can look for.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:59 PM   #14
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
If I may ask, what is your "My Skill" setting at? I play on All-Pro, but my brother used to play on his Skill setting and he was complaining about an overly excessive amount of fumbles. His Skill setting had the CPU's run defense at 19 out of 20 and the fumble slider was entirely skewed in the CPU's favor as result. I watched him play a half once and he fumbled it maybe six times. Even accounting for the occasional time he wasn't protecting, it was just nuts.

I'm not discounting the 'protect ball' button, obviously; just throwing another idea out there as something that people can look for.
It stays around 650 to 700, everything but the Pass is pretty much maxed. I'm not getting all that many yards when I rush. All the sliders are default (whatever the game has them set to).
Old 11-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #15
Rookie

Y0ungMel015's Arena

OVR: 2

My skill is usually between 700-785, I am in my 2nd year with the Jets, Mark Sanchez has 25 fumbles, with 2 games left, if he gets hit while in the back field, FUMBLE, if i make a mistake an press X to hard an he dives forward an fumbles without being touched FUMBLE, I really don't know what to do. Also Sproles has 7 (175 ATT), Shonn Greene 3 (93 ATT), 2 other players with 2, and 6 other players with 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »