Home

Create-a-player fans unite! No more silhoettes

This is a discussion on Create-a-player fans unite! No more silhoettes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Exclamation Create-a-player fans unite! No more silhoettes

Please developers make it possible to create players and have their artificial mug shot show up in the game like they do for rookies and generated rosters on created teams. I hate how when we try and add a player we just get a black silhouette.

I don't understand why this doesn't work all ready, we see the mugshot while creating the guy why don't they use that over the silhouette?

I don't ever create players for my franchise anymore because having that silhouette takes from my fictional-realism and overall fun of franchise mode. Instead I try and creat guys in NCAA and then transfer them into Madden through the draft class, but then I have the issue of attributes and no ability to change the body size and type of the player. It's very frustrating.

Obviously I am huge fan of the Broadcast camera and the thread. I'm thinking this has to be in the game already just not functional like the BCC was. Lacy for the Colts has a fake mugshot and I think he was created in a roster update.

This is the first time in many years I have really gotten into Madden, this years version is a HUGE improvement and last years Head Coach was simply amazing in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Create-a-player fans unite! No more silhoettes

Agreed - give CAP makers the ability to make their player's face as well, or at the minimum face models to pick from...like in HC 09
Old 11-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 13

where do these silhouettes appear? i'm a bit confused. i've seen guys who don't have pictures in the game with animated faces in most spots. at the beginning where it's loading, in player stats, etc. could you clarify a bit exactly what we're uniting behind?
Old 11-08-2009, 03:52 AM   #4
MVP

The faces on the roster screens and player cards. They have mugshots attached to each player artificial face so when you draft a rookie it generates a player head-shot/pic on the roster screen.

When you create-a-player you pick the same face you see in-game but on the roster screen there is just a black silhouette.

When you create a guy on NCAA it makes a head-shot but for some reason Madden went without.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

They probably "forgot", just like with a lot of other things. I was going to create a couple CAPs for a new franchise, but decided not when I found out that their animated mugs shots would be replaced with the silhouette.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Instead of having the silhouette they should allow loading a "Game Face" like in Tiger Woods. I would love to create myself and have a similar video game looking face....

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Instead of having the silhouette they should allow loading a "Game Face" like in Tiger Woods. I would love to create myself and have a similar video game looking face....
I would prefer this too, but I would be happy with the fictional head shot.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am for the fictional head shot, but I wish they were they same style shot as the actual player's are. Not that angled version they currently use.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »