Home

Dante Wesley

This is a discussion on Dante Wesley within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2009, 11:52 PM   #1
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Dante Wesley

So if anybody has seen the Bucs highlights from the Panthers game they saw Dante Wesley cheat shot Bucs KR Clifton Smith...Wesley was ejected from the game and was given a 1wk suspension without pay...And the ratings czar Donny Moore has given Wesley a hit power increase...WoW...So we're rewarding players for cheap shots now...That's inexcusable IMO here's the proof of both the highlight and the ratings increase

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...=RosterUpdate8
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #2
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Dante Wesley

I would have to agree with you on this one... I dont live in FL, so i wasnt able to watch that game in its entirety, so i dont know if westley had anymore good hits in the game besides the illegal one..
Old 10-30-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Naw he's a scrub 3rd string LCB (Left Cornerback) and special teams player
Old 10-30-2009, 03:46 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
Naw he's a scrub 3rd string LCB (Left Cornerback) and special teams player
With all due respect, put your Bucs bias aside. Cheap shot or not, he knocked the man unconscious, more or less. He hit him very freaking hard. It's not like he went up 10 pts overall. He was "rewarded" (in one somewhat minor category, especially for a CB) for the hit itself, not the context of the hit. Relax.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

In terms of gameplay, it really doesn't matter, Wesley is only on special teams.

But this issue at hand here is the 'principle'. That is, the op is saying: players should not be rewarded for cheap shots.

He does not 'deserve' an increase, but he got one anyway. The ratings CZAR wanted to mess around with us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

I'm a Panthers fan, and while I don't think the hit was an intentional cheap shot (Wesley does not have a history of being a cheap shot artist) I agree that it's in poor taste and just plain silly to raise the guys hit power after something like this.

Any defensive player in the NFL has good hit power when they are hitting a defenseless opponent.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 12

On a side note, it's a good thing # 21 stopped Talib from trying to get to Wesley through Peppers... that would have ended badly for Talib.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyT
With all due respect, put your Bucs bias aside. Cheap shot or not, he knocked the man unconscious, more or less. He hit him very freaking hard. It's not like he went up 10 pts overall. He was "rewarded" (in one somewhat minor category, especially for a CB) for the hit itself, not the context of the hit. Relax.
And with all due respect there is no bias...it was a cheap shot and he got rewarded for it...your basically just being a blind defender of "EA" or the ratings czar right now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »