Home

Elvis Dumervil

This is a discussion on Elvis Dumervil within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Elvis Dumervil

Has anyone had much success with Dumervil in an OLB position?

I am using him as a DE due to his tackling in the game which is around 53 IIRC, which would surely render him useless at OLB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Elvis Dumervil

I have a couple online fantasy draft franchises going and I have him in both. I moved him to DE in both because his overall jumps to like an 85. I've been in the top 3 with sacks with him for 2 seasons in each as well. I would NOT put him at OLB...I think he's useless there.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

He's a pass rusher. whether you are rushing him from a 3 point stance as a DE or from a 2 point stance as a OLB. I haven't used Dumerville in this game, but I like having player like him at the LOLB spot in my 4-3 defense (Giants) because I like to blitz that backer a lot.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2

I tried putting him at OLB for the first few games that I had him and he did absolutely nothing. Moved him to DE, and all of a sudden he was averaging more than a sack/game.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Insomniac33's Arena

OVR: 13

I moved him to LE and his OVR was a 99. over 3 seasons he was gettin about 16 sacks a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

If I were to pick him up for OLB, I would look into running the Ravens defensive playbook. You can use both the Predator(3-4) formation and the Odd Split(nickel) that will use the RLB blitz nearly every down. I would sub him in on dime packages as well for a better pass rush. Those are the only real reasons why I would bother to use him on my team because he would help contribute as much as another LB.

On a side note/off topic, there are several LBs with low overalls(low tackle, pursuit, ect ect) but high zone coverages I would recommend looking into. These players will help send your zone defense over the top without having to pay megabucks to higher rated players(who may actually have worse zone coverage)
Old 10-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

DE, 97 OVR, 10 sacks in 5 games
Old 10-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #8
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm playing as the Broncos in my offline franchise, and I have Dumervil at OLB in my 3-4 defense, but I use him as if he's a DE a lot; I call a lot of blitzes for him. I haven't really noticed him being a total liability in coverage or tackling when I drop him into a zone either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »