Home

Vince Young a Raider????

This is a discussion on Vince Young a Raider???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2009, 07:01 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Vince Young a Raider????

Quote:
Originally Posted by winrehs
I'd go with Henne or Cassel.
Cassel is a beast in M10 lol, I can destroy anyone with the Chiefs.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Isn't VY just a more mobile version of Jamarcus Russell?

I'd say Derek Anderson is more their style.He has a big arm but he also has accuracy problems.Brady Quinn has more upside but they always go for a strong-armed qb for their speedy receivers.Obviously that concept isn't working for them though.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

In my Vick to Oakland Dynasty (as can be found in Dynasty HQ), Al Davis traded a first rounder for Michael Vick. How I acquired him was unrealistic, but if Oakland can get their hands on Vick, I think they would do it in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't care if VY is a bust, i just wanna know if he became a FA do you think the Raiders would sign him?
Old 11-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

If you're wondering if the raiders would sign Vince Young IF he were available, wouldn't this belong in the NFL section?

If you're wondering if other people think you should sign him in your game, then heck I would. I started him the one season I ran with Tennessee over Collins, ugh! Collins sucked, Young did a little better lol. But I pounded the ball anyhow. I'm kinda with the guys who thought Vick...honestly, with Philly havin 3 QBs...Id get Vick if you wanted a mobile QB...Id get Henne if you wanted a good young QB.

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 11-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodson15
I'd trade for Henne as well as I don't see the Titans trading Vince Young. I'm not sold on Young being a bust. Brady Quinn & Jamarcus Russell I think are busts. I see Young as Titans starter from here on out. It just took him longer to develop.
I agree with you 100% I dont think he's a bust. if people didn't realize they took out alot of the college plays Vince ran in college and in his rookie i think he just need to develop in a better passer

and as for Jamarcus Russel i dont think he's a bust as he's a 5 step drop QB and the raiders do alot of 3 and 1 step drops .He just need to shed some pound and he will get his footwork alot better
and hopefully become a better Quarterback.

I still think Brady Quinn has something in him he's more of a west coast QB hopefully he gets traded to seahawks or Redskins (Hey!!! jason Campbell could go to the browns) as they need a QB of the future.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 11

Hopefully this doesn't constitute highjacking the thread or anything, but living here in Nashville, I can tell you that the general consensus is that V. Young is a bust, and he won't be back here next year.

For one, he hasn't proven himself to be consistent starter, especially once the league figured him out.

Second, he has maturity and ego issues, and hasn't let go of Texas yet.

Third, his hit against the cap increases significantly next year, and the question to be answered is, do you want to continue paying huge amounts of money to a bust.

Because of the above, most analysts here (local beatwriters, sports radio, etc.) believe he'll be let go at the end of this season, either outright or via trade. The question is, what is he worth, which is to be determined from now through week 16.

Heck, if Fisher has his druthers, Collins would still be in there. But of course, Bud Adams stepped in, and that's that. Of course, Bud could overrule everybody and keep him next year regardless.

In regard to your Raiders? Not much of an upgrade, IMO.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled discussion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

If you wanna be realistic, you'd take Vick. Vince isn't the type of QB that the Raiders go after, and Henne and Cassel are the quarterbacks of the future for their teams. The Phins and Chiefs would never trade them.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »