Home

NBA 2K10 to influence Madden 11?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 to influence Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #9
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K10 to influence Madden 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmer09
I am sure I am late to the party with this, but I was blown away yesterday while playing NBA 2K10. The commentators talked about how the Lakers lost last night, which they did, they discussed their upcoming opponents and since it was Halloween, the score between quarters had a Halloween theme. Madden has got to do this. It was pretty awesome. I know NFL games aren't played on a Tuesday, but if I am playing on a Tuesday, Madden could use the date in the discussion, I don't know, talk about upcoming opponents or last weeks results. But the NBA today feature in NBA 2K10 has GOT to make its way into Madden.
That sounds awesome. I have to agree, that is definitely a feature that Madden NFL 11 needs to have. This idea needs to get to the developers soon before it's too late.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

It would be only fair for NBA2K10 to influence Madden as it seems that previous versions of Madden apparently had a huge impact on NBA 2K10 this year. (oh snap!... say no more, say no more...).

Seriously though, I think commentary is an integral part of the experience. I listen to it in The Bigs and NBA 2K10 (which I have roughly 100 hours invested now). For a game that has no competition and sells quite well, Madden is pretty far behind in the commentary department and really needs to step up it's game. The addition of a new commentator would be a good step in the right direction.

Troy Aikmen is one of my favorite commentators now. He's provides more insight into what's actually going on the field, and what caused something to fail or succeed than any other commentator. It would be great to hear him and Collinsworth together, and then have Curt, Terry, Howie, Michael, and Jimmy during the Halftime show.

With regards to the visual presentation of those providing commentary, they really need to ditch the real people and stick with animations. They'll never be able to synchronize real people with commentary that's worth anything. And the human element stands in start contrast to the rest of the game. It's a huge disconnect that only serves to remove the allusion of the game.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't know why they never kept Al Michaels. But yeah, hopefully the audio is improved next year along with Gameplay/Franchise.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 49

I think they need to pick out going announcers. Forget realistic, I want to be interested. Any voice will be lame, if they continue to read from EA's Q cards.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I think they need to pick out going announcers. Forget realistic, I want to be interested. Any voice will be lame, if they continue to read from EA's Q cards.
What they should do IMO is have whatever announcers that are going to be on the game just sit in the recording studio together and just come up with **** on the fly or sit and watch someone play the game and comment on it as its going on and use that as commentary along with some scripted lines.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #14
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
What they should do IMO is have whatever announcers that are going to be on the game just sit in the recording studio together and just come up with **** on the fly or sit and watch someone play the game and comment on it as its going on and use that as commentary along with some scripted lines.
This is something I said a while back.

Also instead of spending money on talking about real life games why not spend the money and have the commentators talk about the games in my franchise? So let's say it's week 4 and I just lost 2 straight. Maybe talk about those two losses and don't make it a generic conversation. Include the teams and what areas I struggled in. So if I had been struggling to run the ball then at the beginning of the game tell me my team needs to get their run game going to have success. Or something like that.

Another thing that would be really cool is if they took a few seconds on the first few possessions to talk about each teams starting offense and defense. Unfortunately I don't see either of those things being worked into Madden for a few years.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
This is something I said a while back.

Also instead of spending money on talking about real life games why not spend the money and have the commentators talk about the games in my franchise? So let's say it's week 4 and I just lost 2 straight. Maybe talk about those two losses and don't make it a generic conversation. Include the teams and what areas I struggled in. So if I had been struggling to run the ball then at the beginning of the game tell me my team needs to get their run game going to have success. Or something like that.

Another thing that would be really cool is if they took a few seconds on the first few possessions to talk about each teams starting offense and defense. Unfortunately I don't see either of those things being worked into Madden for a few years.
All of this would be awesome.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 11:19 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmer09
I am sure I am late to the party with this, but I was blown away yesterday while playing NBA 2K10. The commentators talked about how the Lakers lost last night, which they did, they discussed their upcoming opponents and since it was Halloween, the score between quarters had a Halloween theme. Madden has got to do this. It was pretty awesome. I know NFL games aren't played on a Tuesday, but if I am playing on a Tuesday, Madden could use the date in the discussion, I don't know, talk about upcoming opponents or last weeks results. But the NBA today feature in NBA 2K10 has GOT to make its way into Madden.

If Madden 11 doesn't use the ESPN liscence to the fullest like NCAA 10 basketball (a game from the same company) is doing this year then that would be a travesty! It's pretty sad that NFL 2K5 (a game that came out on a Last Gen system) still has better presentation than any game EA has released on this generation of consoles. Next year I want Monday night crews, Chris Berman highlights, multiple broadcasts, etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »