Home

CPU vs CPU Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
CPU vs CPU Franchise Mode

I just played 7 games yesterday with CPU vs CPU in Franchise mode. I took on the Houston Texans. I set my whole depth chart with all 2ND STRING / 3RD STRING players. I set my sliders to default and kept it on All-Pro with normal speed. 15 min games, 25 sec acc clock.

MY RECORD WAS 5-2?!?!?!?!

This rating system needs to be looked into badly. What fun is it if anyone can be a superstar on your team. I should not be going 5-2 with 2nd & 3rd string players. This is one of the biggest problems with this game. Why have a draft if anyone you plug in can do the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CPU vs CPU Franchise Mode

what kinda stats did your guys have? are you sure the cpu didnt sub the real starters back in at the first opportunity?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm in the middle of a coach mode franchise. I created a 'cupcake' team. Basically, all of the starters are rated 40-65 or so. This team is awful so far. I'm 0-3, and it's not even competitive. I lose every game by at least 4 touchdowns.

So I'm not sure what you're doing, especially if you allow the CPU to do everything.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm in the middle of a coach mode franchise. I created a 'cupcake' team. Basically, all of the starters are rated 40-65 or so. This team is awful so far. I'm 0-3, and it's not even competitive. I lose every game by at least 4 touchdowns.

So I'm not sure what you're doing, especially if you allow the CPU to do everything.
I just set the game and let the cpu play each other. I also kept the fatigue at 50. My 3rd string QB Brink, i think that's his name had 70% pass completion in one game. The others he was in the mid to high 60% and his rating was like 50 or 60 something.

Maybe the game doesn't see ratings when playing cpu vs cpu. All i know is that my team went 5-2 with scrubs.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yea, has to be something with CPU vs CPU.... I pretty much depleted the Rams before I took over and I went 3-13 the first year and struggling this year... Since they dont make the playoffs, I take another high profile team and use them in the playoffs , just to insure its not my play thats making the Rams crappy. Like someone said, make sure they are not putting your starters in, cause I use CPU vs CPU during preseason and see my Rams team get blown out on most of their preseason games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I will usually do some CPU vs. CPU (playing out the playoffs, etc), but without injuries it's pretty pointless, IMO. Also, it's fun to draft players and play GM then let your players play it out... keeps you from going 16-0 every season.

Anyway, try this... set two profiles with the same slider set you want, start the game by choosing both teams (one with each profile), then after the coin toss move both controllers to CPU. You should see a vast improvement in gameplay, animations, etc. I did some testing with this very early on until it was confirmed there were no injuries. I've seen others do this as well. Absolutely no idea why this works, but it seems to. Let me know your results. Good luck!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »