Home

so he ran outside runs out of goal line and wildcat, and hb screens...

This is a discussion on so he ran outside runs out of goal line and wildcat, and hb screens... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 03:11 AM   #1
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
so he ran outside runs out of goal line and wildcat, and hb screens...

ok...played a online franchise game (fantasy draft franchise) today against a guy who i knew i was going to have trouble against just by looking at his teams stats. looking at his teams stats, his QB has thrown most in the league in 8 weeks, throwing for 344 attempts. the next closest was 217

His leading recievers...darren sproles, reggie bush, tony scheffler, and antonio gates, in that order. in case you dont know, thats two RBs and two TEs

His leading rusher was darren sproles with about 600 yds

So, i came into this game expecting him to do nothing but what his stats show, which is use his RBs and TEs. and he did exactly that. outside runs with darren sproles out of a goaline formation with 3 TEs and a TE at fullback. he easily got outside every run with the very speedy sproles, was very consistent at breaking at least the first tackle and gaining a great chunk of yardage. he also used the wildcat alot, in which he had reggie bush running it...sproles comes in motion, fakes the handoff and then follows sproles and his blockers outside and gained a great chunk of yardage (i was able to stop this eventually with CB blitzes...but it was too little too late by that time). I was sniffing out his HB screens everytime...but sproles and bush were just too fast for me to keep up as he out ran his blockers and my defenders sniffing out the screen. And then whenever i happened to hold him to a 3rd or 4th down...he threw to the TE or the RB on a quick throw.

receptions for WRs...a combined total of 3. 2 for justin gage, 1 for brandon marshall.

he beat me 65 to 28...i threw 3 ints for TDs...two of them were because i hit the wrong button and ended up throwing to unintended recievers (i was losing my cool with his ridiculous offensive scheme). the other was my fault trying to squeeze in a play action pass when i had no pressure in my face and my receiver didnt get a chance to separate. he also began running up the score at the end of the game...going for it on 4th downs and taking two point conversions. thats my fault for not implementing mercy rules and 4th down rules in my franchise

but anywho, i just needed to vent after such a disapointing loss. what do you guys think? i understand i dont have the greatest defense...but isnt the fact that the flats are still broken something to do with the effectiveness of the outside run? and what do i have to do to get my run blockers to actually block for me? what do you guys think about the way this guy played?

i guess i should stop believing that people are gonna play football like its football and realize its a videogame and people are gonna do whatever it takes to win
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 03:17 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: so he ran outside runs out of goal line and wildcat, and hb screens...

maybe you are right.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:04 AM   #3
Rookie

jgarcia's Arena

OVR: 6

I would never join a franchise that allowed that nonsense. I got irritated just reading about it.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:22 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

If he is always doing outside runs, you should run some man to man contain plays.

If you're scared about the pass, then Zone DE contains.

Containing works wonders on outside runs.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I was going to post, STOP PLAYING THESE GUYS! THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH MADDEN! but then I was like it will be a waste of my time. Wait.....????? Did I post that outloud......Sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

He's probably using one of the Generic Playbooks that I will not name here that has all the old Goal line plays in it that are still very damn effective. Notice they took those plays out of the team playbooks. But they are still in the game and they are just as effective as they used to be. Btw, the run plays I'm talking about have nothing to do with broken flats. They were very effective in Madden/NCAA even when flat coverage was not broken.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Just curious, what formation were you using? The same thing happened to me against the Vikings when I was using 4-3 formation. The 3-4 formation is a little better against outside runs.

LBzrule:
I really think it's okay to name the playbook.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12

No, the 46 playbook is best for any type of run.

For the outside run, call outside rush and put your DE's in a contain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »