Home

so he ran outside runs out of goal line and wildcat, and hb screens...

This is a discussion on so he ran outside runs out of goal line and wildcat, and hb screens... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: so he ran outside runs out of goal line and wildcat, and hb screens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Sounds like you're one of these users.

I've had a similar story as the OP and haven't played online since. I like to literally grind out the clock when I have the ball; I pound the ball over and over until I have to throw (since I'm using the Panthers, that's the only way to win. ) so to the opposition it probably gets aggravating. However, I don't use the same formation all of the time - I mix and match, use some shotgun, wildcat, I-Form, Single-back, a little motion, etc. (i.e. sim-style based play)

Football isn't trying to find exploits in a video game and spend the whole game abusing it (especially the flats). LB, I noticed 2 guys I play go to the "generic" playbook and it makes sense now since the guy ran out of the goaline formation the whole game.
I'll go ahead and say, that Run Balance, Pass Balance, and Balance all I believe have Goal Line HB Off Tackle. It was an almost unstoppable play in 06, 07, 08 and even last year. This year they removed that play from all the team play books but it's still in the game. The Toss from Goal Line is also equally as effective, especially with backs like Peterson and Parker. And again, if you want to stop the run out of these things, don't try to play football because you will lose. Think stuff like Quarters, Dollar and Dime, otherwise you will be torched over and over again by big runs.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
So just to make it clear... You're mad because you got beat by a guy that was running screens, sweeps and slants against a guy who was running nearly nothing but blitzes... Guess what, that's football. Look at the Eagles in the playoffs the last two or three years in a row... The way to stop the blitz is to use short quick passes against man to man coverage, or crappy deep zones employed on most of the blitzes in this game, which is great, since it's fundamentaly sound... Stop blitzing every down and you'll have a better game... I have zero issues making stops on D in this game, and I only have a Madden IQ of 495 or something like that in this game, but I only blitz maybe once a set of downs... Nearly everyone plays with the mixed D that you were making reference to because it employs a ton of blitzes which are hard to to stop... Unless you run screens and slants... Learn your D then you'll have fun...
well in my original post...i admitted that im no defensive genius. so though i may have had some bad play calls here and there...it doesn't erase that he was taking advantage of exploits and loopholes in the game. but again, i admit, i am clearly horrible at stopping the outside run, whether it be a toss, pitch, stretch, etc. and i guess i didnt mean to make it sound that i did blitzes the whole game cuz thats not what i did. i believe my average for blitzes on my online profile is about 35 percent. i don't blitz that much because its way too much of a risk for the short pass to the rb with the lack of coverage into the flat areas of the field.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 3

Well a lot a people will tell you that the problem was your scheme not his... Because if you can't stop it's your fault... But I always disagree with that statement bcause I hate when people run the same damn play......
My online record is pretty decent 81-35 but I play a lot of those players who have pretty exaggerated records but this is what they do...
Old 11-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Sounds like you're one of these users.

I've had a similar story as the OP and haven't played online since. I like to literally grind out the clock when I have the ball; I pound the ball over and over until I have to throw (since I'm using the Panthers, that's the only way to win. ) so to the opposition it probably gets aggravating. However, I don't use the same formation all of the time - I mix and match, use some shotgun, wildcat, I-Form, Single-back, a little motion, etc. (i.e. sim-style based play)

Football isn't trying to find exploits in a video game and spend the whole game abusing it (especially the flats). LB, I noticed 2 guys I play go to the "generic" playbook and it makes sense now since the guy ran out of the goaline formation the whole game.
Not at all... I refuse to play ranked games since I can't stand that stuff, but in the end, if you're going to blitz ALL day long, even the most sound player is going to run things that get them yards. BUT I do know why it's happening, and he's even admited to what I've said... You blitz and you get beat with short passes. That's sound football. Like I said, look at the Eagles in the playoffs... Think of football as a game of paper, rock, scissors. Paper (screens and short passes) beats Rock (Blitz) every time. Just like Rock (Blitz) beats Scissors (runs up the middle). There is a way to counter everything in this game, but it's up to the D player to find out what that is... It's no more fake to have a guy run screens and stuff all the time, as it is to have a guy run blitz after blitz on you. The problem is that a lot of other stuff does not work when being blitzed. So why risk the sack when a quick dump off to a HB, WR, or TE running a slant solves this problem? In the end, it's up to the D player to stop being so agressive and play a little more passive instead of trying to dictate the entire game while they're on O AND on D with the blitzing... I know football. I coach it in real life and if a team keeps doing something that lets something we do well work, guess what we're doing every time they let us... That's the game of football. The problem is that play calling plays more of a roll in this years game then it has in years past, and as a result, weaker players that were given a chance last year when blitzing was all that and NOTHING could be done to slow it down...

Here... You can all educate yourselves a bit more if you'd like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_pass

Last edited by Swingking77; 11-04-2009 at 07:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »