Home

Must Have Fixes for Patch #2

This is a discussion on Must Have Fixes for Patch #2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #9
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Must Have Fixes for Patch #2

Isn't it a little late for this wish list?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Isn't it a little late for this wish list?
I haven't seen a complete Patch #2 Fixes List yet, only a partial list of some changes. One would think that most of the changes above are simply value setting changes and would require more effort to test than to actually change.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 13

Patch 2 has already been submitted

Nothing else can be added if it wasn't already in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #12
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
Patch 2 has already been submitted

Nothing else can be added if it wasn't already in.
Link to the patch notes? I searched the forums and came up empty on it.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #13
Pro

jacory12's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3athb4dishonor
Ohh yea... How about being able to win a fight for the fumble against the computer... The bar may be in your favor, but as soon as it switches to the next button its over lol
How bout just turn that crap off lol. I can't stand it, it's a waste of energy and so unrealistic.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
3. Interception slider cannot stop all interceptions. When the interception slider is set to 0, then it should be impossible to make an interception. Instead, CB's can still make INTs at alarming rates (even with high QB accuracy / WR catching). Interceptions need tuned such that the gamer can have control of them properly via the sliders.
The whole passing engine needs to be re-done. It's a shame INTs have to be turned down so low to begin with.

Too many chances for INTs - defenders should only try for picks when they are in good position to do so. Otherwise, they should try to tip/bat the ball away.

I mean, even throws into tight spaces and double coverage don't always turn into INTs.

And off-target throws don't always go to defenders, but very frequently in Madden, they do.

Basically, I think the game generates too many opportunities for a pick. It's like the engine forces you to either have a ton of completions or incompletions via a ton of dropped INTs.

Quote:
5. The offsides and false starts penalties need to be more sensitive. Even at 100 on both you rarely see a false start (maybe 1 every 3 games on 15 minute quarters) and I have yet to see an offsides penalty ever. Offsides need to be tuned so penalties actually occur at times.
Penalties need to stop being animations and just be called at a certain rate.

When I saw the AI get away with false starts (CPU O-Lineman jumps, he acts like he screwed up, but the play went on anyway), I was done with penalties. I know all penalties don't get called even if they do happen, stuff like holding and PI don't always get called even if it's questionable, but I've never seen false start be one of those, and if it is, they lineman shouldn't act like he screwed up (he should only do that if he got caught, otherwise, he's too busy running the play).

Players also need to not always avoid making penalties. I think that's why things like roughing the passer or PI don't happen, the game is programmed to make players not cause those penalties. Their AWR should impact that (as well as the penalty slider), not something that hardcodes the AI into not making those mistakes.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Doesn't matter how many INTs there are, or are not, the point is the sliders are meant to give us control and with the way they currently work they do not. We need more control in order to counter the poor AI and all the picks the CPU throws. Realize the average turnover rate in the NFL is around 2 turnovers (that includes fumbles) per game. Even playing with the INT slider on 0 and QB Accuracy / WR high, you can still get a high number of picks.
This is just not true! I have played 3 full season with the Giants and only have had one 3 INT game and the must for one playr was 7. and as far as fumbles in bad weather? I do see more fumbles in bad weather, just like you should!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #16
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
This is just not true! I have played 3 full season with the Giants and only have had one 3 INT game and the must for one playr was 7. and as far as fumbles in bad weather? I do see more fumbles in bad weather, just like you should!
This thread has absolutely NOTHING to do with YOUR gameplay. It has to do with how the game works and the affects the sliders have on the game itself. This is not a thread complaining about the balance of the game (number of ints, fumbles, whatever). The items I have listed that are needed are regarding the SLIDERS and their affect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »