Home

all pro vs all madden?

This is a discussion on all pro vs all madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
all pro vs all madden?

Can anyone tell me what the main differences are between the levels? I have 5 guys starting an online franchise with the 5 worst teams in the NFL. The first week Cleveland beats Minnesota 42-14 on all pro. I'm just looking for a more realistic results from our league. No way Cleveland should win by 28 against Minnesota, user was Cleveland of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: all pro vs all madden?

Basically All-Madden makes the CPU players have psychic abilities to know what's going to happen before it does, and allows them to (even more so) ignore physics to jump/fly/warp to the ball magically.

However, All-Madden difficulty is still subject to the same glitches and exploits. If somebody has found a "money play" on All-Pro, it may still work on All-Madden. The flats aren't covered any better either, for example.

If the people in your league are cheezers, All-Madden may slightly slow them down but will not stop them from winning big. Frankly, you'll need house rules to get realistic results, because All-Madden isn't realistic in itself.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 10-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

That's what I was worried about, I'm seeing most of there receptions are coming from the RB position when playing the cpu,and they are scoring 40-68 points in 7 min games,oh well maybe all madden can slow them down and produce some better games.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Laws of physics do not apply in All Madden level. Got several videos recorded now that are physically impossible.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Laws of physics do not apply in All Madden level. Got several videos recorded now that are physically impossible.
Exactly. Like hitting the QB, yet the ball still gets to a receiver. Or DBs running into each other, leaving CPU receivers wide open.

Same crap, different year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Offline, the difference is that it's possible to win on All-Pro (and win big), but on All-Madden the CPU doesn't think twice about cheating in every possible way to demoralize you.

I personally have my difficulty set at Custom (Pass O: 13, Run O: 17, Pass D: 13, Run D: 17).

Online, I have no idea what it would do for you. And frankly, i'd see if the players in your Franchise prefer scoring a million on All-Pro, because it's about fun after all and All-Madden tends to make the game more frustrating than fun.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:29 AM   #7
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

long story short, it doesn't even mater if they use exploits or not. the computer likes to throw games away by throwing pick 6's and such. The computer also blitzes way too much. You don't need to throw to the flats when every other play the computer is sending 6-8 guys at you. Just be calm in the pocket and hit your receivers.

Oh, and the computer can't run the ball either. That is no doubt why people are beating the computer so badly, it's awful. you don't need to exploit it.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:48 AM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Custom sliders are the way to go. I've been messing around with them for the last three days, using what's posted in the Sliders section as a guide. I'll be posting a set that has given me the most realistic gameplay and settings, and it's not on the All Madden difficulty. Quite honestly the game doesn't play properly on those settings.

The best way to make the game more difficult is once you find the play that the AI just can't stop, never use it. Ever. Or, conversely, play using the 'Ask Madden' option, and always use it. Every time. Probably not the most fun way to play, but it avoids using glitched/unstoppable plays and can make for a more realistic experience as sometimes you are left with nothing but bad play calls, which we all know coaches actually make at times, and something we as gamers tend to avoid once we learn the pros/cons of each plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »