Home

It was good while it lasted....

This is a discussion on It was good while it lasted.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: It was good while it lasted....

sad thing is i am most likely not going to buy it next year. i bought both madden and NCAA and all i play is NCAA and i used to be a hardcore madden guy. i used to buy NCAA every 2 or 3 years. may rent madden to see what is up but that is it.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #18
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by football5680
sad thing is i am most likely not going to buy it next year. i bought both madden and NCAA and all i play is NCAA and i used to be a hardcore madden guy. i used to buy NCAA every 2 or 3 years. may rent madden to see what is up but that is it.
yep, I'm in the same boat as you.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #19
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
If you're getting rid of Madden, shouldn't you change your OS Username to FootballSometimes?
Lol.

And FF, I still play it and enjoy it, although I am waiting for the second patch to start a new Franchise.

Right now my gaming rotation is Madden, The Show, and Borderlands.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
If you're getting rid of Madden, shouldn't you change your OS Username to FootballSometimes?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #21
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by football5680
Wow. NCAA is horrible. I haven't seen a marked improvement in it in forever. Game is so unrealistic it's not even funny. Only mode I ever play is Campus Legend, because the team football aspect is so unrealistic. NCAA got better ratings this year, but Madden is a far better product from a football gameplay perspective and even it has a long ways to go.

GameSpot was the only site to give a valid review for Madden. NCAA's rating was a joke. Now, if only they did that for ALL sports games (and yes, that includes ones from 2K!). Their ratings are consistently too high for what we get from year to year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 PM   #22
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Wow. NCAA is horrible. I haven't seen a marked improvement in it in forever. Game is so unrealistic it's not even funny. Only mode I ever play is Campus Legend, because the team football aspect is so unrealistic. NCAA got better ratings this year, but Madden is a far better product from a football gameplay perspective and even it has a long ways to go.

GameSpot was the only site to give a valid review for Madden. NCAA's rating was a joke. Now, if only they did that for ALL sports games (and yes, that includes ones from 2K!). Their ratings are consistently too high for what we get from year to year.
Yeah but NCAA has a couple of things that Madden don't such as a fully functional online dynasty(franchise). The only thing missing is schools moving conferences and coaches getting offered other jobs for obvious reasons. It also has consistent game speed. The game speed is the same online as it is off. Those are MY reasons for choosing it over Madden. When they lowered the game speed to slow for all online games in Madden, that was it for me. I didn't play it anymore after that. I agree that the gameplay in NCAA is not as good as it is on Madden, but just about every other aspect of Madden, besides graphics, is inferior to NCAA IMO.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #23
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Bad timing. The patch is coming out in the middle of this month.
Well if the patch doesn't accomplish what it promises to do, then what? Honestly is it really worth the wait?

madden 10 promised a ton and didn't deliver, so why would a patch? How much effort can they put on a patch when they are already working on 11. It's going to be more of a small band aid fix then a successful surgery.

Hopefully it does for those that are so patient.

I mean games like Borderland, MW2, AC2, and some others. Its just tough to wait on a patch to play a game that came out in August. When you have so many hot titles out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Well see ya next year Madden, not sure if I just wasn't blown away after the first few weeks wore off, but I just sold my madden today on eBay, got $45 for it with a buy it now. I swear I haven't touched this game since my last league game was played well over a month ago. And if it wasn't for those few games in my league, I never played the game offline anymore. Here's to hoping next year is a lot better to keep my attention.

Has anyone let Madden go yet?
yes its not like in the past where the novelty for Madden wouldn't wear off till the superbowl or even the next installment. Now the novelty of playing wears of rather quickly, and for some in a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I know, but I never not played it based on it not having a patch. I just lost interest big-time. I just never played it anymore.

I have been more interest in action/shooter games lately, that I'm growing tiresome of sliders and patches and so on and so forth.
Yes the 1st person genre is really taking off. So many solid games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol.

And FF, I still play it and enjoy it, although I am waiting for the second patch to start a new Franchise.

Right now my gaming rotation is Madden, The Show, and Borderlands.
My current rotation is everything you have except for Madden. I play NBA Live 10.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:00 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Well if the patch doesn't accomplish what it promises to do, then what? Honestly is it really worth the wait?

madden 10 promised a ton and didn't deliver, so why would a patch? How much effort can they put on a patch when they are already working on 11. It's going to be more of a small band aid fix then a successful surgery.

Hopefully it does for those that are so patient.

I mean games like Borderland, MW2, AC2, and some others. Its just tough to wait on a patch to play a game that came out in August. When you have so many hot titles out now.
Its worth the wait IMO because 2-3 weeks won't kill the trade/selling value of this game.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »