Home

Inability to connect to specific players

This is a discussion on Inability to connect to specific players within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-05-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Inability to connect to specific players

Has anyone figured this out? There are a couple guys in the league I'm running who are having problems connecting to certain players. Their internet connections are seemingly fine. They've tried wired, wireless, router, direct line into the console, you name it. It's specific players who absolutely cannot connect to specific other players.

We can't figure it out - especially since one of them was able to connect and play me early in year one just fine...and now he can't connect to me under any circumstances.

Has anyone actually fixed this? Is the second update going to resolve this? Is there anything we can do? Our league is going strong at the start of year two and I don't want to risk losing players because they have to sim games for no apparent reason.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #2
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Inability to connect to specific players

I've had the same problems. I can play seemingly anyone via quick match or the lobbies, but cannot connect with my one specific friend. Any ideas what causes this?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm not exactly sure and I wouldn't be able to tell u how to fix it but it might have something to do with the right ports on your router or firewall or whatever aren't forwarded.. Ever since I put my router in DMZ which opens up all ports for the PS3's connection I have had little to no connection problems..
Old 11-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

i had the same issue last night. tried to play one of my online friends but the servers wouldn't connect us. when i tried to play a random online game I had no problem. we both reset our systems to see if it would help but it made no difference
Old 11-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't think it's a router problem...the guy who's had this problem the most in our league plugged his line directly into the PS3 - bypassing his router completely - and still couldn't connect to specific people.

It's probably going to kill our league if it can't be fixed. It's not happening to everyone, but with 16 people even three or four people being unable to connect to one another is doing serious damage.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »