Home

THIS is how Co-Op should be

This is a discussion on THIS is how Co-Op should be within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
Pro
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Blog Entries: 11
THIS is how Co-Op should be

I don't want to start another Madden vs 2K5 debate/arguement. That's not the point of this thread. I do want to bring to light how cooperative play should be handled in Madden and that is to follow how NFL2K5 did it.

First off all the camera needs to be adjustable so we can play co-op games as we would any other game mode. I dont like the current close-up "Be a pro" cam at all. A "wide" or "classic" or "broadcast" angle would be much better.

The big thing though is that co-op mode should allow both players to call plays as the Quarterback on EVERY play. In 2K5, both cooperative players had control of the play calling screen and could select the play, and whoever did was the QB for that particular play. I feel this is so much better than being relegated to another position in which you are not always engaged in the game. Sharing QB duties on a play by play basis is fun and balanced. You really want to make your play count so you dont let your friend down or stall the drive. I used to alternate plays with my buddy and we spent hours upon hours as teammates.

I hope EA makes these improvements to co-op mode. Any thoughts?
johnprestonevans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
Rookie
 
FroznYogurt's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Blog Entries: 8
Re: THIS is how Co-Op should be

I agree 100%
FroznYogurt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
Banned
 
dfos81's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2009
Re: THIS is how Co-Op should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
I don't want to start another Madden vs 2K5 debate/arguement. That's not the point of this thread. I do want to bring to light how cooperative play should be handled in Madden and that is to follow how NFL2K5 did it.

First off all the camera needs to be adjustable so we can play co-op games as we would any other game mode. I dont like the current close-up "Be a pro" cam at all. A "wide" or "classic" or "broadcast" angle would be much better.

The big thing though is that co-op mode should allow both players to call plays as the Quarterback on EVERY play. In 2K5, both cooperative players had control of the play calling screen and could select the play, and whoever did was the QB for that particular play. I feel this is so much better than being relegated to another position in which you are not always engaged in the game. Sharing QB duties on a play by play basis is fun and balanced. You really want to make your play count so you dont let your friend down or stall the drive. I used to alternate plays with my buddy and we spent hours upon hours as teammates.

I hope EA makes these improvements to co-op mode. Any thoughts?
That would be a nice feature to add. Maybe post this in the wishlist for Madden 11.
dfos81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: THIS is how Co-Op should be

First Person is awesome, but it needs a few tweaks. I wouldn't mind other camera views as an option, but 1st person is fun once you get used to it.
MAHAM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
Pro
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Apr 2009
Re: THIS is how Co-Op should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
First Person is awesome, but it needs a few tweaks. I wouldn't mind other camera views as an option, but 1st person is fun once you get used to it.
Not on defense. I would be perfectly happy with the default madden camera for co-op.
rsoxguy12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
Pro
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: THIS is how Co-Op should be

The only problem I could see with whoever picked the play first being QB is that people might start just trying to pick a play the fastest to be QB and stop considering personnel, down and distance and such in an effort to just be the QB, knowing that they can audible to a different play if need be.

I like the way it's set up now (or at least the way it was last time I actually played co-op, back on Madden '08 I think) where it switches off QB every drive, but the second player is still involved since they get to be the HB on runs and the WR on passes.
Dianwei32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #7
Pro
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Oct 2008
Blog Entries: 11
Re: THIS is how Co-Op should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
The only problem I could see with whoever picked the play first being QB is that people might start just trying to pick a play the fastest to be QB and stop considering personnel, down and distance and such in an effort to just be the QB, knowing that they can audible to a different play if need be.

I like the way it's set up now (or at least the way it was last time I actually played co-op, back on Madden '08 I think) where it switches off QB every drive, but the second player is still involved since they get to be the HB on runs and the WR on passes.
Yes, you will certainly need some sportsmanship and not have one person always taking control of the QB. However, the way it is set up now, the person who hosts IS already the QB for the entire game. They way I am suggesting at least this gives people the option to switch up and get both people more involved in playcalling and passing. Personally I loved to call a play and Quarterback, and then be the running back or WR for the next play. My friend would tell me what play he was calling so i could be the corresponding RB/WR. It worked amazingly well.

As for the cameras, they definately need more options for co-op. I personally loved how it was in 2K5 where you could see more of the field (classic, or broadcast) rather than 1st person/close up. You just cant get a sense of whats happening enough in my opinion.
johnprestonevans is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 PM.

Top -