Home

Has anybody else noticed this about the AI?

This is a discussion on Has anybody else noticed this about the AI? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Has anybody else noticed this about the AI?

While on my franchise I decided to go only with shotgun formations with 1 HB. So noticed that every time I called for a passing play the defense came out on some sort of nickle or dime formation which is good, but every time I called a run play like a draw or delay draw they always come out of the base 4-3/3-4 formation. So all I do is switch over to pass play and an immediate mismatch happens. Personally I think that the Madden AI is rather weak and needs updating or tuning at the very least. Also what is up with all of those all out blitzes? Personally I would not allow the AI to call "engage eight" out of any nickle or dime formations, its always a guareented TD.

*Actual time may vary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Has anybody else noticed this about the AI?

Some people have told me that changing your playcalling to hardcore that it helps with some of the all out blitzes.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #3
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Has anybody else noticed this about the AI?

• The real problem to me is that the CPU seems to know your playcall.....?
  • Also, try checking the Slider forum and I especially recommend setting all 32 teams to user control (with 31 of them set so that CPU handles all off season stuff) and then going through and manually setting the OFF/DEF aggressiveness and such for each team like this guy did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 11-06-2009, 03:26 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
  • The real problem to me is that the CPU seems to know your playcall.....?
Seems like it. Even if you call a spread formation, but a run play out of it - they won't be all spread out like they would be in real life. They'd stay base and basically ignore the WR because they "know" it's a run. They might not know what exact run, but they know you aren't passing it seems.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:54 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Seems like it. Even if you call a spread formation, but a run play out of it - they won't be all spread out like they would be in real life. They'd stay base and basically ignore the WR because they "know" it's a run. They might not know what exact run, but they know you aren't passing it seems.

More or less it seems like they know what you are calling. Try it, may be its just me but that is what I keep seeing. Also I have my on custom sliders, but that doesn't help if I can create mismatches like this.

*Actual time may vary.

Last edited by Obelysk; 11-06-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
So true, but hasn't this always been the case in Madden?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »