Home

Effective Blitzing in Madden - Is it Possible?

This is a discussion on Effective Blitzing in Madden - Is it Possible? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-07-2009, 10:10 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Effective Blitzing in Madden - Is it Possible?

Blitzing is weird in M10 because the OG/C peel back and pick up outside speed rushes after you beat the OT. This doesn't happen occasionally.. it happens every single play. You have to run around both guys generally/do nano/gap blitzes. I don't see many confusion blitzes succeed like APF does for us.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 11-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #18
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

I can rack up to 6-8 sacks a game using any decent pass rusher ... jus bragging here. (I use Playmakers' sliders)
Old 11-08-2009, 01:49 AM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
I can rack up to 6-8 sacks a game using any decent pass rusher ... jus bragging here. (I use Playmakers' sliders)
Doesn't mean much unless you explain how.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:10 AM   #20
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Diving has been working great for Safeties (Hamlin is Superman at times), good/average for linebackers, and horrible for DE's (haven't tried DTs). Definitely makes it easier to get sacks now though. About half of the lame duck throws are now sacks.

I still can't get the moves to pull off fast enough for them to be worth anything. Biggest problem is how slow the lineman get off the line / engage. By the time you have engaged the QB is setup to throw, which isn't realistic. So by the time you get the opportunity to pull a move off, the QB can effectively throw the ball. Then, by the time you pull it off, the ball is typically thrown. It's almost like the CPU is triggered to throw the ball when you attempt a move (perhaps by 'feeling' more pressure?).
Old 11-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 36

CPU players suck at blitzing. So what you do is control them press A, and then tell them to blitz. Then they seem to do a better job of getting to the QB. For example, I am doing an overload blitz with my FS, LOLB, and MLB. Before they snap the ball, I control all of them, press A, and then tell them to blitz. I then position all of them to the left side near the LOS. Then when they blitz they all go after the QB, and since there are more men blitzing than the lineman I get pressure in 2 seconds. The QB usually throws a quick pass, or gets sacked. You usually have enough time do change around 4 players, and then go back to the player you want to be. Like I changed the FS, LOLB, and MLB, but then had enough time to switch and control my SS. I've gotten really fast at it, and now I can blitz just like the Jets do in real life.

Also, I think I am going to lower the pass blocking sliders, and lowering the pass rush sliders. I think if you raise pass blocking it just creates more suction blocking. I hope I am right because suction blocking sucks! I will try and give my results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 11

Tip here for anyone using the DE's, to get a quick jump (essentially, a perfectly timed reaction to the ball) you have to keep pushing down justtt a little before the ball is hiked, this makes your DE stand up and get back into his stance. Just keep repeating this until the ball is hiked. It's not just a one time shot.

Usually, if you time it right, which is getting him to get back in his stance right when the ball his hiked, there won't be any delay, and he will get a good jump on the ball.

I wouldn't call this cheesing, because there is no quick jump button for us anymore, the user controlled DE's have an abnormally slow start for some reason, and DE's in real life time a lot of snaps perfectly too.

Also, the best move to use when you engage a blocker is down on the right stick. This makes him dip his shoulder to get past the blocker. MUCH quicker than drive to push him, and then go to the side of him, or do a long spin.

Last edited by Unforgiven; 11-08-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

imma go and say no because the cpu picks up all the blitz u can throw at them but your line cannot.It pisses me off

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »