Home

? ABOUT HDTV

This is a discussion on ? ABOUT HDTV within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5
? ABOUT HDTV

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i have an LG 47 in. HDTV 1080p resolution that looks great. The problem is when i play games on my ps2 sometimes they are really blurry. How do i fix this? Someone, help me please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ? ABOUT HDTV

What type of cable are you connecting from the ps2 to the TV?

The regular yellow, red, and white (Composite) will gaurantee a blurry picture on a TV like that. HDTV's are only made to handle high quality video and if you're feeding it composite it will actually look worse than using a composite on a Non-HD tv.

Red, Green, Blue (Component) is the lowest form of video feed you should be feeding your LG, but even with component it won't be too clear. Much better than composite though.

The only type of signal to feed an HDTV is HDMI and you will get a crisp picture. I don't think PS2 allows a HDMI connection so if you want a better look you should grab a PS3 while it's lower priced (It will make your PS2 games look great too).

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCAROLINAKID
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i have an LG 47 in. HDTV 1080p resolution that looks great. The problem is when i play games on my ps2 sometimes they are really blurry. How do i fix this? Someone, help me please.
Try changing the tv resolution to 480i.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13

The only type of signal to feed an HDTV is HDMI and you will get a crisp picture. I don't think PS2 allows a HDMI connection so if you want a better look you should grab a PS3 while it's lower priced (It will make your PS2 games look great too).

The only problem with picking up the new lower priced PS3 is that Sony removed hardware emulation for PS2 games. It may still have the software emulator, so it will only run a select amount of PS2 games.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #5
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I was wondering the same as well, because I tried to play NCAA 06 and it hard to see it. I just thought it was because it's an old system on a new television.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
Rookie

trufootball's Arena

OVR: 11

here's the reason why bud; if your tv has a 1080p native resolution, then content with resolution under that will always look less sharp. i bet if you watch regular dvds on this tv you will notice the same thing. hd looks great but sd looks bad. some people don't realize if you buy an hd tv, you have to have hd content for it to really utilize it. Some hd tv's display sd content better than others. i have a 52in samsung (the 650 series) and i was thrilled once i realized that sd content looks amazing on it.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCAROLINAKID
There's nothing you can do about this.. i know "exactly" what your talking about ..its also like that on the original xbox system as well and it actually looks better on a regular SDTV ..right? I'll explain why it looks that way and why you cant fix it...

PS2 games and original xbox games were not made for digitial TV's....they were made for the old SDTV "tube" tv's. The textures in those last gen games are suited for 640x480 resolution.. so that means that the textures in those games are rather low compared to a HD Resoltuion. Put it this way..adjust your ps3 or 360 to 480p mode which is standard definition 640x480 resolution .. and pop in a 360 or ps3 game...your gonna notice that even ps3/360 games look almost as blurry because again..its not gonna look JUST AS BAD because ps3 games and 360 games have that big bump with textures,AA,AF, in those systems as they are much more powerful then the last gen games.

Tube SD TV's handle the last gen games much better because the tv's native resolution is exactly what last gen games used for their native resolutions. Plus tube tv's are analong while HDTV"s are digital.. digitial tv's simply dont produce a good looking picture out of 640x480 resolutions

Last edited by Moegames; 11-08-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:43 PM   #8
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

I use S-video input for PS2 on my 47'' 1080P set. It looks pretty good. Try it out and see what you think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »