Home

For those who use a 3-4 defense

This is a discussion on For those who use a 3-4 defense within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: For those who use a 3-4 defense

I've decided to just draft the DE to play linebacker for one position and hope that using him heavily will lead to good numbers which will lead to a higher rated player.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
I've decided to just draft the DE to play linebacker for one position and hope that using him heavily will lead to good numbers which will lead to a higher rated player.

Interesting thought! Please post the results. I am curious if that works.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

i dont think that the guy who makes the draft classes has enough variety in the players we can draft. there just seems to be too many smaller players at certian positions. Too many TEs less than 250lbs to many LBS under the same weight and too many OL around 290. There are no OL in the 340+ range.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
Rookie

Imaking332's Arena

OVR: 5

There is this player
Spoiler
was a 6-3 285 OLB in NFL Head Coach. Then when they brought him over to madden they made him 6-1 245, not realistic size for a 3-4 OLB unless your name is James Harrison.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaking332
There is this player
Spoiler
was a 6-3 285 OLB in NFL Head Coach. Then when they brought him over to madden they made him 6-1 245, not realistic size for a 3-4 OLB unless your name is James Harrison.
Or Elvis Dumervil (5'11 248), or Curtis Johnson (6'3 237), or Steve Octavien (6'0 246) but I personally prefer a big guy...
Old 11-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

I would just convert your MLB's to OLB if you want bigger OLB's.

There are usually some good 250 lb MLB's in the drafts, and more often than not their rating goes up if you convert them to an OLB.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 14

Not sure if this is workable with the playbooks available in Madden, but how about running a sort of hybrid 3-4 by using a base 4-3 formation, while maintaining the 3-4's aggressiveness?

Put two "big" DT's in the middle as run-stuffers, with two "smaller/speedy" DE's on the end to rush the QB and occasionally drop back into zone coverage ... then mix in two bigger than average LB's on the outside to mix it up with outside pass blitzes. Then add a traditional MLB in the middle to help with the run, and occasionally blitz the QB?

My thought is since it's much easier to transition a LB to DE in Madden (with noticeable rating increases), this may provide a stronger pass rush, while still providing a more than adequate run defense?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »