Home

Old 11-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How to challenge a play?

None of the scenarios I listed arent part of the "dead ball" rule....you can challenge the spot of the ball near the first down marker, you can challenge if the receiver caught the ball in or out of bounds, and you can challenge touchdown or not whether it's a spot of the ball or a catch out of bounds....whenever those scenarios come up and the refs "discuss" the results it won't allow me to challenge.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

Last edited by JaymeeAwesome; 11-11-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickphat
That's because the play has been ruled dead and you can't challenge a play that has been rules dead. Like when a HB is running for the first down marker but is stood up by half the DEF and he never touches the ground. the play is ruled dead and you can't challenge the spot of the ball.
OooooooK.

That makes sense. Because both plays on 3rd and short I wanted to challenge, the HB was stood up and pushed back.

So I guess thats why I coudn't challenge that...

As for the CPU TD I swore was OOB I wanted to challenge, the refs did get together and that cutscene happened before they made the call.

Gee... you would have to have an amazing eye to challenge a play in this game...

Can you watch a replay and still challenge? Or does watching a replay in any way stop you from being able to challenge?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #11
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
OooooooK.

That makes sense. Because both plays on 3rd and short I wanted to challenge, the HB was stood up and pushed back.

As for the CPU TD I swore was OOB I wanted to challenge, the refs did get together and that cutscene happened before they made the call.

Gee... you would have to have an amazing eye to challenge a play in this game...

Can you watch a replay and still challenge? Or does watching a replay in any way stop you from being able to challenge?
I'm pretty sure watching the replay elminates your ability to challenge. You just have to be selective.

I mainly use my challenges in a game changing situation (ex- a fumble inside my 20 when I am already trailing by 7 etc.) At that point it's a matter of necessity. If I have a substantial lead I might not worry about it, but I have had several fumbles on KO returns etc that were wither TD for the defense or put me at a huge disadvantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

Yeah, watching the replay before you challenge isn't allowed, or at least it wasn't allowed in previous years. But the challenge system is kinda messed up, I've run into a lot of situations where I couldn't challenge when it is technically allowed. I've also only seen a booth review once out of all the games I've played, that's kinda unrealistic.

Last edited by adam45h; 11-11-2009 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #13
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam45h
Yeah, watching the replay before you challenge isn't allowed, or at least it wasn't allowed in previous years. But the challenge system is kinda messed up, I've run into a lot of situations where I couldn't challenge when it is technically allowed. I've also only seen a booth review once out of all the games I've played, that's kinda unrealistic.
Booth review only once? I get it once every 4 or so game.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 11-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #14
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Ug, I had another instance where a CPU receiver made a sideline catch, there was a quick cutscene where the refs ruled it inbounds...

I did NOT watch the replay, and wanted to try and challenge the catch, had time outs and everything. And the challenge option simply wasnt there...

I'm so confused by this...

Then next play, the CPU makes a totally legal decent catch, and just for fun I checked if that was challengeable, and it was!!!

WTF?

I dunno, I just give up on challengeing.

Also, when the CPU does decide to challenge something, the ruling is ALWAYS overturned. I've never seen the CPU challenge and not get the favorable ruling.

I gotta be missing something here...
Old 11-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #15
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
I gotta be missing something here...
I don't think so...I think it's just a flaw in the game. It happens rather frequently. I wanted to challenge a play last night b/c it appeared that the CPU did not get the ball over the pylon. Went to options, and I can't challenge. To confirm for myself, I viewed the replay. Well of course I still couldn't tell if he got in b/c the replay cuts off the millisecond that the play is technically over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 11:48 AM   #16
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I don't think so...I think it's just a flaw in the game. It happens rather frequently. I wanted to challenge a play last night b/c it appeared that the CPU did not get the ball over the pylon. Went to options, and I can't challenge. To confirm for myself, I viewed the replay. Well of course I still couldn't tell if he got in b/c the replay cuts off the millisecond that the play is technically over.
heh, that stinks, lol.

It's just weird how a run-of-the mill play will be challengable. But a close sideline catch isnt...

Like I was playing last night, and on 1st and 10, my HB ran for 3 yards up the middle before being hit.

I checked coaching options and "challenge play" was there... lol, why would I challenge my own play??

And the case I discussed above, a close CPU catch occurs on the sideline and no challenge is available under coaching options?

Somethings rotten in the state of Denmark...

Its almost like, if a cutscene occurs the challenge option dissapears...

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, maybe its a bug...

If it is messed up maybe patch 2 will fix it..

Speaking of patch 2... Where the **** is patch 2 already??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »