Home

Punter Playing Left Guard???

This is a discussion on Punter Playing Left Guard??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Punter Playing Left Guard???

So I was playing a game and one of my offensive linemen got a clipping call against him and when they show the player it was my freakin punter. I had a few injuries on my O line and the starting and backup LG were out for the game, my RT was injured as well with the backup being one of the hurt LG's. Now I know I could manually adjust my depth charts when this happens but why does the game automatically put the Punter in first when there are several other O line players that could fill his spot? Depth Chart knowledge needs to be overhauled for 2011
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Punter Playing Left Guard???

Because according to this thread the punter will do just as well as anyone else. Lets hope they fix the logic on this one.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Leave the punter in, he will prob block better then the oline anywar.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by realrocknrolla
Leave the punter in, he will prob block better then the oline anywar.
lol.

Anyway I have no idea how anyone doesn't manually adjust depth parts, if I don't I can't sleep soundly knowing Asante Samuel is my 4th WR
Old 12-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Because according to this thread the punter will do just as well as anyone else. Lets hope they fix the logic on this one.
QFT...just played a franch game with my dolphins in yr 2. my LE kendall langford was a beast and in the top 10 for sacks 1st yr. He was opposite the dang K/P for the bears named could or gould who was playing RT.

the dude had my star LE stonewalled. i got no sacks against him where i routinely dip the shoulder around actual linemen who are decent. it was very annoying and utterly stupid!! this should not happen, EVER! i played on the line the whole game trying to get around the skinny kicker and it was nothing i could do. the bad part is they had plenty of able bodied linemen to fill in but they didnt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

lol same stuff happened to me i had a K blocking my DE like a stud only had 1 holding call and i could not bull rush him at all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »