Home

Run Blocking

This is a discussion on Run Blocking within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Run Blocking

Is it just me, or is run blocking kinda crappy in Madden 10? I play as the Packers, so I know I'm not using the best rushing team out there, but I've seen some complete crap in the areas of blown assignments and horrible AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Run Blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMINTER81
Is it just me, or is run blocking kinda crappy in Madden 10? I play as the Packers, so I know I'm not using the best rushing team out there, but I've seen some complete crap in the areas of blown assignments and horrible AI.
Yeah its not too good. I'm pretty sure the second patch is supposed to fix it or at least tweak it a little bit.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Blocking is good, it's pathing that's the issue. Your blockers make really bad decisions, typically choosing to block defenders behind you, instead of in front of you.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 11

It's decent. I run a wholeeee bunch of Power-O plays, and sometimes the blocking is just plain ugly on those. I think 3/4ths of the time I get dropped for a loss or no gain by the DE on that play, and the rest I break a huge gain of 30 or 40 yards because the blocking was perfect. Kind of ironic.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've tried everything, runs to the inside and out. I've watched my line pull and push the wrong way, completely whiff on blocking a defensive tackle or end, and to me it's way too easy for the computer defensive line to release and make the tackle. It's seriously pissing me off. EA should have had all this **** fixed by now, this what, their 5th title on the current gen systems? If it stays like this I'm either just going to buy Madden for the PS2 or quit playing it all together. Even on pass blocking I've seen some major issues. There's a lot of things I've noticed that just aren't acceptable in the game and I don't understand why most of it's still there.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »