Home

How to Make Madden 10 Challenging

This is a discussion on How to Make Madden 10 Challenging within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #17
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: How to Make Madden 10 Challenging

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus82
so many rules to learn...

lol it is absolutely absurd that you had to make this list.

thanks for the help though.
This is for offline mode only. Most football games (not just Madden) fail to be challenging in offline mode. If they can fix the physics / momentum in Madden 11, then they can really focus on some killer AI. Really hoping the 1st gets fixed first though.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #18
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez

The Rookie Challenge is fairly straight forward. The Rookie Challenge implies that you are doing the following:
  • Using a Challenging Slider Set
  • Calling your Own Plays
So.....let me get this straight.
By using your "logic"....you're presuming that because alot of us play using a challenging set of sliders,and call our own plays...we're playing a "rookie challenge"???......that's a good one,I've heard it ALL now
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
[/list]So.....let me get this straight.
By using your "logic"....you're presuming that because alot of us play using a challenging set of sliders,and call our own plays...we're playing a "rookie challenge"???......that's a good one,I've heard it ALL now
Of the ways I listed to play in offline Franchise, it's definitely the easiest way to play the game. Feel free to assign whatever descriptive you feel best describes it. I just came up with the names based on the difficulty settings in Madden. I chose not to call the hardest Level 'Madden' because I thought it would be confusing with the Challenge where you used the 'Ask Madden' feature.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:27 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I get all the fun and challenge I need by using custom sliders. Your rules just limit what one can do and will make the game unplayable. I couldn't imagine limiting yourself so much.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:35 AM   #21
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoker
I get all the fun and challenge I need by using custom sliders. Your rules just limit what one can do and will make the game unplayable. I couldn't imagine limiting yourself so much.
They aren't my rules, just an accumulation of the different rules I saw folks using on their sliders. The problem with sliders is that you can make the game harder via the sliders, but then it no longer resembles a realistic game of football. This way, the game still at least resembles a game of football, and you're still challenged from a gameplay perspective. In the end though, you should play the game the way you enjoy it, that's the whole point of a game, to have fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 02:38 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 24

"Challenging" isn't Madden's issue.
Realistic is Madden's issue.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:53 AM   #23
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Coach mode is a good way to go. it really isn't fair you have a God's eye view of the field and that you are playing a team sport where you get to control different players over the course of a play from that point of view. Call your plays, make you adjustments and let your players make the plays. If your QB is bad, deal with it. Get a better B in the draft or something. When you have to let the AI take over and rely on your players doing their job like real coaches have to, it can be more fun. This is one of the few ways I am still able to play this game. Put it on Coach mode with broadcast camera and let it rip.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:03 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
They aren't my rules, just an accumulation of the different rules I saw folks using on their sliders. The problem with sliders is that you can make the game harder via the sliders, but then it no longer resembles a realistic game of football. This way, the game still at least resembles a game of football, and you're still challenged from a gameplay perspective. In the end though, you should play the game the way you enjoy it, that's the whole point of a game, to have fun.

Actually, the sliders I use make the game challenging and realistic, so I have no idea where you're coming from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »