Home

Question about generated rookies in franchise mode

This is a discussion on Question about generated rookies in franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question about generated rookies in franchise mode

Last week my franchise hit the 30 year mark. Since Madden won't let you go any further, I decided to start a new franchise. I'm in the third year of my new franchise and I'm noticing that the draft contains the same players as in my first franchise.

I had always assumed rookie players were randomly created. So what's the deal? Is it some system where 80% of the players are random but they have some prebuilt players sprinkled in? I can't imagine they actually created 10,000 players to fill up the draft over 30 years?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Question about generated rookies in franchise mode

In Madden 10 the draftable rookies are not randomly created, neither are their draft classes. The only thing thats random is in what order the classes come up in your specific franchise.
For example: I might get a draft class after the first season in my franchise and you might get that same class after your tenth season.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Yeah, canned draft classes in Madden 10 (and NHL 10, for that matter). Kills the replayability of the game (the skeptic in me says that's the exact reason it is in there). At least in Madden 10, you can export draft classes using NCAA 10, so you can fix the problem.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ya that's disappointing. I can understand the challenge in making a good player generator. If they would at least shuffle the name of the player then we wouldn't know who's who.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by csthopper
Ya that's disappointing. I can understand the challenge in making a good player generator. If they would at least shuffle the name of the player then we wouldn't know who's who.
I agree, but I think this is a step towards transitioning the franchise mode into what Head Coach 09 had. There was 4 draft paths so if your first draft class had a certain player in it, it would follow that particular path. So if you started a new one and your first class again had that same player, you would know what is coming next. Hurts the replayability a little bit, but the point was that all the drafts were connected. For instance, Adam Shefter talked all year about a certain junior that was going to enter the draft, but in the end, he decided to go back to school for his senior year, and therefore he was in the next year's draft. It was super in-depth and it had some very cool stories behind the players.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

30 Seasons?That seems like more than enough games and time till next years madden comes out to tinker with draft classes.I'm just sayin.It takes me probably 3-4 months just to go through 1 season,let alone 30.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
30 Seasons?That seems like more than enough games and time till next years madden comes out to tinker with draft classes.I'm just sayin.It takes me probably 3-4 months just to go through 1 season,let alone 30.
Well I'm at like season 22 or something cuz I don't have the patience to play every game so I sim a lot. Either way, I'll start a new one anyway. I've already gotten a few of the same classes and the one thing I've noticed is that I only remember a couple of the really good guys. I also remember some of the guys that I thought were going to be great and ended up being terrible so it's really not that bad.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 32

I thought that they were random, but once you got a certain class you can't get it again in the same franchise. I guess I'm wrong. But anyways, just save after preseason and reload it if you get a repeated draft class,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »