Home

A lot of Madden copies traded in for MW2

This is a discussion on A lot of Madden copies traded in for MW2 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: A lot of Madden copies traded in for MW2

Yeah I quit trading in games when I was offered $3 for this and $4 for that and I realized, I could get $15-17 on craigslist...I mean who trades in a video game for the equivalent of a fast food burger? I'd rather keep it just to have it then to do that...it's just stupid IMO
Old 11-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

I've seen people say it a lot and Im really considering not even buying the game until both patches are released. I've had my copy since midnight and haven't played it in two months. Now Mw2 is out, Assassin's is on the way, and I just got done playing Drakes. Right now I don't even know if when the patch comes out Ill have the interest in playing Madden. I've played zero franchises bc I felt the gameplay was so bad. I don't think Madden has anything to worry about because its released at a time in the year when there are few noteworthy releases, and there's really no alternative for the gamer. I don't think Ill be spending my money on Madden till Nov, and I save a good thirty bucks, no way. Lastly yea, there is no reason to sit there and build GS's empire. I have no problem with GS, in fact I love it, but to take 20 to 25 dollars on something you paid 60 plus for is ridiculous. I would rather just keep them for that matter.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Yeah I love capitalism too but i think gamestop is being too greedy. I mean they give you $5 for a game and then sell it for $40 or whatever. I guess if people are stupid enough to do it then more power to them but I really get tired of them asking me to trade in games when I know they'll give me peanuts and sell it for nearly-new price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 5

I dont have time to read 4 pages of this thread, but i will say that when i picked up MW2, i traded in my COD World at War, and asked the person working if a lot of people were trading in COD World at War? He said a few have but over 50 copies of Madden 10 were turned in, and they to had to cut down the payback amount on them. Read what you want into this, but it doesnt say much when a 3 month old football game is being traded in for a shooter, in huge quantities.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

It says that's about 2 months longer than most people keep it
Old 11-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love Madden 10. And I'm one of a few people that actually enjoys playing WaW. But I have to give those games up along with a couple Wii titles to purchase MW2. The only reason I havent made the move yet is because I know im going to miss Madden a lot. I wish MW2 would just magically fall from the sky and into my hands. Maybe I'll just wait till after xmas. Because even though MW2 is a great game, well I assume its great, I know I will regret giving up my current favorite and will not be able to afford to buy it back.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

just wait a few weeks and score MW2 on craigslist for $30 if money's an issue. once folks beat the game they'll be looking to unload it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »