Home

Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11

This is a discussion on Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
Strategy

OVR: 36
Re: Five Essential Fixes for Madden NFL 11

Pretty good write up. Of course there are other things...but those listed are musts.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I also agree with the fixes listed but I believe priority #1 is fixing some of the gameplay issues...

1) Run blocking - both for the offensive line where the C/G double teams the DTs and for the defense where it allows the LBs to roam free if it is a good defensive tackle.
2) Pass Rush
3) Accurate DB defense - it's nearly physically impossible to both try to intercept the ball and tackle the receiver at the same time.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #11
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Telecast integration is more problematic than people assume. EA did have ESPN licensing for several years (and still might). But the reason they didn't turn that into a full ESPN broadcast is because they also have the NFL license, and the NFL has TV relationships with ALL of the major networks. So, EA doesn't want to risk pissing off the NFL (by pissing off their televsion partners) by creating a football game that depicts NFL action only through the lens of an ESPN camera. This has more or less been confirmed by EA reps on this board, and explains why we've seen everything from radio coverage to bland, generic TV coverage in Madden games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #12
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Telecast integration is more problematic than people assume. EA did have ESPN licensing for several years (and still might). But the reason they didn't turn that into a full ESPN broadcast is because they also have the NFL license, and the NFL has TV relationships with ALL of the major networks. So, EA doesn't want to risk pissing off the NFL (by pissing off their televsion partners) by creating a football game that depicts NFL action only through the lens of an ESPN camera. This has more or less been confirmed by EA reps on this board, and explains why we've seen everything from radio coverage to bland, generic TV coverage in Madden games.
That's why some are mentioning to do both the NFL Network and ESPN.

Maybe I misunderstood the devs when they addressed this. I thought the NFL Network simply did not want all of the presentation devoted to ESPN or any other network besides it's own. I didn't get the impression it had anything to do with it's other television partners. I could very well be incorrect though.

To be honest though, I sometimes wonder if the 'dont-want-to-piss-off-the-NFL' thing is overblown. I'm not one of the guys who labels the devs as liars or anything to that extent. I just personally find it hard to believe that a NFL rep was in a Madden planning meeting and said, "Where the hell does the NFL Network come in? Scrap these ESPN and FOX ideas immediately!" And if it is an issue, marry the two networks like NCAA is doing. Easier said than done obviously, just lending my opinions.

P.S. from what I understand, Madden was subjected to bland presentation [read radio guy] because of a design decision, the NFL didn't impact that. Apparently, they wanted to go with a on-the-field feel for the game.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #13
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
My top 5

1-Physics and collision detection. With out these improvements, Madden will continue to have an arcade feel.

2-Better Q & A testing, there's no way that users should ahve been able to find multiple erroneous glitches within the first 15 minutes of play.

3-Presentation, not only should the add to it, but also fix what's currently wrong with it. You should be able to skip any part of the presnetation or cut scenes even the chain gang fmv. Reimplement the manual touchdown celebrations, stadium specific sounds, random weather, basically everything they stripped out from previous versions of the game.

4-keep onine franchise rosters updated

5-add a practice squad, P.U.P. list, and make adjustments for roster spots taken up by IR players!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 19
This game still needs a complete overhaul IMO. Maybe this was the best that the next-gen consoles have had to offer to this point, but the gameplay is still sketchy. The pocket awareness is a joke. The defensive awareness on All-Madden level is a joke. The AI is still as dumb as ever. The game is still a long way from being a really good Sim.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
My biggest wish is better line play...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmegamer
The defensive awareness on All-Madden level is a joke. The AI is still as dumb as ever. The game is still a long way from being a really good Sim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poilbrun
My biggest wish is better line play...
This. Anyone who has read what I have written in the past knows this is just how I feel. The bold even more so.

It is sad that you have to crank the run blocking slider up to 100 to get your players to act less dumb. There is a difference between mistakes, and acting stupid. I can accept miss blocking a blitz, or a defender avoiding/shrugging off a block by a pulling guard, but when players in Madden do what they do it is inexcusable.

Last edited by PGaither84; 11-12-2009 at 04:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »