Home

Franchise Progression

This is a discussion on Franchise Progression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Franchise Progression

Couple questions about progression.

First off, i spent the .99 cents to purchase the "Super Star" item, which allows you to choose "one player, per franchise, per user, per season" to recieve a full progression, thought it was an interesting way to effect my team, kinda like picking a player for the coaches to focus on.

How big is a full progression? I remember reading on one blog post about progressing from Ian that some players can make a 10 point jump. The biggest i've seen is 6 points, and this Super Star still only gives you a progression of 4 or 5 points( depending on original overall).

So my big question is how can you use it among diff teams in franchise?? Has anyone figured it out? it's kinda gay that me and my brother have to use it every other year.

When i read "one player, per franchise, per user, per year" i figured that if me and my brother each have our own franchise team then we could each choose one player. EX: I'm the Panthers, i pick my FS, he's the eagles, he pics a WR

can anyone make this happen? as of now i can only pic one player in the entire NFL. We don't know if we should let the team who does better get it as an award, or let the team that does worse get it, kinda like higher draft pics go to worse teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Franchise Progression

I like to use it to help out the guys that get screwed out of a good Pot grade (E. Berry for example). I think you can only do it once because I'm guessing you and your brother are on the same XBox/PS3 account. If you are both logged into separate accounts he probably has to buy it himself.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think it just boosts your players potential grade, so far from what ive seen it has no effect on the players ovr. I just use it to help NCAA players who were ripped off on their potential grade and nothing more
Old 11-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

What I love about Franchise Progression is that it's all pre-determined, EA chooses who can be a star and who can't... Just like real life.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
What I love about Franchise Progression is that it's all pre-determined, EA chooses who can be a star and who can't... Just like real life.
In the game those when the player is created it is determined whether or not he has the potential to be a star. This is actually not that far off of real life, when a person is born he has a certain amount of postential to do some things as he grows through life and he really has no control over that max potential.

That said, I was thinking and although I haven't tested this yet I am pretty sure I have found another way around some of the potential rating and maybe even somewhat a way to mold a player's progression. Lets say for example you have an 85 overall RG who is at his potential. Right before the offseason if you change this player's position to either RT or LT it will probably drop his overall but leave his potential the same. He will then progress as though he was below his potential. You can then move him back to RG and his overall will go back up with the position change up to above where his potential was setting his potential rating at this new level. There are other positions where this could be done as well such as DTs to DE, DEs to LB, some LBs moving from outside to middle or vise versa, some DBs being moved around, WR and TE or RB etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #6
Rookie

Victor Fox's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
In the game those when the player is created it is determined whether or not he has the potential to be a star. This is actually not that far off of real life, when a person is born he has a certain amount of postential to do some things as he grows through life and he really has no control over that max potential.

That said, I was thinking and although I haven't tested this yet I am pretty sure I have found another way around some of the potential rating and maybe even somewhat a way to mold a player's progression. Lets say for example you have an 85 overall RG who is at his potential. Right before the offseason if you change this player's position to either RT or LT it will probably drop his overall but leave his potential the same. He will then progress as though he was below his potential. You can then move him back to RG and his overall will go back up with the position change up to above where his potential was setting his potential rating at this new level. There are other positions where this could be done as well such as DTs to DE, DEs to LB, some LBs moving from outside to middle or vise versa, some DBs being moved around, WR and TE or RB etc.
I hate that offline franchise mode has come to this. Workarounds? Tricks? It's like dealing with Windows 98 all over again. Oh wait! Patch #2!! Now it's Windows 98*SE!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:42 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Fox
I hate that offline franchise mode has come to this. Workarounds? Tricks? It's like dealing with Windows 98 all over again. Oh wait! Patch #2!! Now it's Windows 98*SE!
It doesn't have to "come to that". The poster you quoted was finding a way to cheat his way into high rated players in Franchise. Your post is ridiculous.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Fox
Franchise progression really works pretty well and I think there are actually too many players who progress too well anyway but I know there are a lot of people out there who feel restricted by having to actually draft and sign players intelligently and feel that the progression ratings inhibit their ability to turn every scrub into a star which they seem to think makes this game unrealistic. I actually just thought of this when thinking of ways to try to make 3-4 OLBs develop more like 4-3 DEs and develop their pass rushing if that is they area they need to improve or make 3-4 DEs develop more like 4-3 DTs but the problem with that is moving those players to the position to get them to improve like that will raise their overall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »