Home

Screens and how they ruin my m10 experience

This is a discussion on Screens and how they ruin my m10 experience within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Screens and how they ruin my m10 experience

You say your looking for ideas, then try this out. Put your CPUs defensive reaction to 100, and I guarantee you you won't be able to dominate on screens. Infact, I'm not sure you'll ever get a first down with screens. And from here, continue to tune it down until the defense can sniff it out sometimes, and you can get a good gain sometimes. Try this out and then get back to me.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

It's works so well online because 90% of the KIDS that play this game A) don't understand football and B) have no idea how to adjust from their comfort zones on defense aside from their man blitz...so yes a screen will work a lot of times online and same with the CPU, because the A.I. blitzs a lot. It's not the play its the defensive calls.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #11
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah I havent played this game in 6 weeks. New Madden same story. Speed is the only important rating for WR's and screens and half back out routes are guaranteed first downs just about. I'm eager to see how the patch addresses this, but I'm already enjoying other games so it's really whatever. EA really dropped the ball by making us wait three months for a relevent patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #12
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
It also said that I ran it as an experiment to prove a point. I don't run screens all the time, but after playing 80 or so games online I noticed that when I ran the play it worked quite a bit. For a game to be a challenge and simulation you should be able to attack the defense with whatever play you want, not have to pick and choose when you run a play that you know will almost certainly work.
Ya good point. My bad. Just seemes crazy at first. Online is comepletely different than offline. That's why I don't play online, i was in a league for 1 season but I decided it wasn't for me. Anyway, I don't seem to have the same problem offline. While I have an AMAZING backfield and screens do work well. Some of the time the defense will follow my HB and bat it down or the play jst won't develope properly. But that's in offline franchise.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »