Home

Screens and how they ruin my m10 experience

This is a discussion on Screens and how they ruin my m10 experience within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
Screens and how they ruin my m10 experience

I am really trying to like this game for something other than it's graphics (which are great) but I want a simulation when playing. So I ran a little experiment, I was the Colts vs 49ers on All Madden, I ran slip screen, after slip screen, every play to see if the defense would every make an adjustment. The outcome I put up 72 points using only screen plays in a half, anyone have a fix for this other than the obvious of never using a screen. thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Screens and how they ruin my m10 experience

Up the CPUs and USERs pass defensive reaction to 75, and watch the magic of your screens getting shut down a lot more. Also it allows for receivers not to get open as much.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I keep hearing this stuff about screens, but everytime I try it I get stuffed. I have had a couple go for decent yardage, but for the most part I get stuffed or a few yard pickup.

Are you playing on XBox or PS? Not sure if that matters, but I would be interested to know if there is any correlation.

Now I will say that I have seen in multiplayer games this has been exploited, but it doesn't seem as big a problem in offline to me. Although I haven't tried running it over and over, so who knows.

Also, I'm not on All Madden. I am playing on All Pro default sliders at Normal speed. So it may be that I suck? I don't think I do, but maybe more than you.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

The best way to run screens, at least for hb screens is to let the defender almost hit you and then dump of the ball late to the hb. For wr screens its best to get rid of the ball as quick as possible so the playside corner doesnt have a chance to make the tackle on the play. Screens are only cheese if you run them 75% of the game, but otherwise they are a good way to convert a 2nd or 3rd and long play.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Have you SEEN the 49ers try to defend the screen this year?!?!?!

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Have you SEEN the 49ers try to defend the screen this year?!?!?!
Have you SEEN the 49ers try to defend the PASS this year?!?!?!

Fixed.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
I am really trying to like this game for something other than it's graphics (which are great) but I want a simulation when playing. So I ran a little experiment, I was the Colts vs 49ers on All Madden, I ran slip screen, after slip screen, every play to see if the defense would every make an adjustment. The outcome I put up 72 points using only screen plays in a half, anyone have a fix for this other than the obvious of never using a screen. thanks
How about you don't run a screen every play!? I mean I understand your point but come on. That's just looking for a reason not to like this game. Only run screens when it's appropriate, not every play. Just because you know it's gonna work every time doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game. Usually for me trying to get all my offensive weapons involved keeps me form calling the SAME "money" plays over and over. I don't know maybe it's just me but I find it a little funny that in your post you say you want to like this game and you want a sim experience. But in the very same post you say you ran slip screens ALL GAME LONG. Seems a little silly to me.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 11-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
How about you don't run a screen every play!? I mean I understand your point but come on. That's just looking for a reason not to like this game. Only run screens when it's appropriate, not every play. Just because you know it's gonna work every time doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game. Usually for me trying to get all my offensive weapons involved keeps me form calling the SAME "money" plays over and over. I don't know maybe it's just me but I find it a little funny that in your post you say you want to like this game and you want a sim experience. But in the very same post you say you ran slip screens ALL GAME LONG. Seems a little silly to me.
It also said that I ran it as an experiment to prove a point. I don't run screens all the time, but after playing 80 or so games online I noticed that when I ran the play it worked quite a bit. For a game to be a challenge and simulation you should be able to attack the defense with whatever play you want, not have to pick and choose when you run a play that you know will almost certainly work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »