Home

I have a solution that will fix alot of problems: A pre-snap cadence system.

This is a discussion on I have a solution that will fix alot of problems: A pre-snap cadence system. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #9
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I have a solution that will fix alot of problems: A pre-snap cadence system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
I see your point. Good idea. I think it would be difficult to implement with clock run-off.
Even with an accelerated clock, you should still have a good 5-10 seconds at the line if you call your plays quickly. That's plenty of time to make adjustments. Heck, you can be calling out signals as the offense walks up to the line, QBs do that all the time.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I have a solution that will fix alot of problems: A pre-snap cadence system.

the one idea i really like their is the snap count. You could snap the ball early but most likely have bad blocking. If you do it late then your most likely going to concede a false start penalty.

Their also needs to be something on defense for this. Like in NCAA 08 their was the jump snap. Could concede offside or encroachment but could also get a good rush to the QB
Old 11-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #11
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh44
the one idea i really like their is the snap count. You could snap the ball early but most likely have bad blocking. If you do it late then your most likely going to concede a false start penalty.

Their also needs to be something on defense for this. Like in NCAA 08 their was the jump snap. Could concede offside or encroachment but could also get a good rush to the QB
Snap count would be pretty easy to implement too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles

Ian and company would say that blocking assignments would be hard to adjust on every play, because when designing a run you cannot account for every defensive front. I have a solution.
Okay, did Ian and Co. really say that blocking assignments would be too hard to adjust on every play?

This is where people's lack of X's and O's on the football field really bite them. OL do not have a different blocking scheme or audible for every defensive front they see. In REAL football, lineman have a set of rules they follow to block different defensive fronts and to pick up blitzes. For instance, if the defense is in a 4 man front and the offense is running straight up the middle to the left. Lets say the the left guard is uncovered but the nose tackle is shaded over to his right, he has a set of rules for that particular situation. In this situation that guard will probably help double team the nose tackle. If the guard is completely uncovered and nobody shaded to his side, he will most likely go to the LB.

But do you see what I am getting at? In Madden the OL do not have any fundamental blocking rules whatsoever. It's kind of like zone blocking, you try and block who is ever closest to you. When the AI is messed up, thats when you get OL just completely missing blocks.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Okay, did Ian and Co. really say that blocking assignments would be too hard to adjust on every play?

This is where people's lack of X's and O's on the football field really bite them. OL do not have a different blocking scheme or audible for every defensive front they see. In REAL football, lineman have a set of rules they follow to block different defensive fronts and to pick up blitzes. For instance, if the defense is in a 4 man front and the offense is running straight up the middle to the left. Lets say the the left guard is uncovered but the nose tackle is shaded over to his right, he has a set of rules for that particular situation. In this situation that guard will probably help double team the nose tackle. If the guard is completely uncovered and nobody shaded to his side, he will most likely go to the LB.

But do you see what I am getting at? In Madden the OL do not have any fundamental blocking rules whatsoever. It's kind of like zone blocking, you try and block who is ever closest to you. When the AI is messed up, thats when you get OL just completely missing blocks.

He said Ian and Company WOULD say not DID say....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
Old 11-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
He said Ian and Company WOULD say not DID say....
Well he shouldn't say something like that, because he doesn't know what they WOULD say.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:53 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:

This. The thing about the proposed system is that it is not used in real football, so it makes no sense to set up such a complicated system if its not used in the game the videogame is portraying. Some of the things you propose with the colors and wording may make the game too complicated for some of the less experienced Madden players.

On the defensive side, I personally think if you were trying to check to different coverages and such, the system we have now is just fine. In real football, you may or may not have enough time to get your checks in just like in Madden with the quick snappers.

Another thing about defense is that even though this may aggravate us, during a real game of football, there are countless times I can recall where one of our plays did not work because someone missed a block or straight up didn't block a man. That's a big part of football.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT

Last edited by gta95; 11-15-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Well he shouldn't say something like that, because he doesn't know what they WOULD say.
Agree but if Vegas put odds on it I'd say it would be 3-1 that they would say that or something very simular....

EA is getting closer but deep inside I know if 2K and Madden both had the license we'd be playing some seriously great football now from both companies.

Just my opinion.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »