Home

I have a solution that will fix alot of problems: A pre-snap cadence system.

This is a discussion on I have a solution that will fix alot of problems: A pre-snap cadence system. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
ESBC Roster - The Best We've Ever Seen in a Boxing Game?
PES 2021 Team Spirit Guide - Understand Chemistry on a New Level
MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Budget Beasts
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #25
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I have a solution that will fix alot of problems: A pre-snap cadence system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
They already have "rules" implemented in the game. For instance, Ian has mentioned that players will do something depending on a circumstance like a DB in zone will cover a WR that comes into his area. They can implement the same "rules" for an offensive lineman.
There are two problems with the status quo:

1) As implemented those rules are inconsistent. Try running the same running play in practice mode against the same defense 15 times. You'll see it blocked at least 5 different ways. Without any consistency, a realistic running game can never be mounted. Exploiting weaknesses in a specific front with a specific running play is impossible.

2) Even if those rules are implemented, how is the runner (you) supposed to know what they are? Remember, you need to know where the holes are supposed to be, and who is responsible for blocking whom. Otherwise it's just wiggling your stick at random and hoping for something to open up. There's not much strategy in that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: I have a solution that will fix alot of problems: A pre-snap cadence system.

This is an awful idea.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #27
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylynner
This is an awful idea.
Thanks for your constructive input...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
There are two problems with the status quo:

1) As implemented those rules are inconsistent. Try running the same running play in practice mode against the same defense 15 times. You'll see it blocked at least 5 different ways. Without any consistency, a realistic running game can never be mounted. Exploiting weaknesses in a specific front with a specific running play is impossible.

2) Even if those rules are implemented, how is the runner (you) supposed to know what they are? Remember, you need to know where the holes are supposed to be, and who is responsible for blocking whom. Otherwise it's just wiggling your stick at random and hoping for something to open up. There's not much strategy in that.
Your points just verify that the run game blocking is broken, because in real football a team running the same play against the same defense should block it the exact same way, every time.

Answer to your #2), you will know where the holes are the same way you do now, ....you look at the play you call and see where the running back is suppose to run. Thats where you run and it should be more consistent. The more you play, the more you'll see how a defensive front is suppose to be blocked (depending on how good your line is) and you'll come to expect that and that's how you'll learn.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »