Home

Gun Snugs - the cheesiest

This is a discussion on Gun Snugs - the cheesiest within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Gun Snugs - the cheesiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I run it. I don't think it is cheese. But I do think that EA does not have enough in the game defensively to deal with all of the offensive stuff they add every year. Just be glad one formation in the Saints playbook got altered based on community day testing because if it didn't everyone would be all over it. And they are running it now, but it is nowhere what it could have been.

folks complain about cheese but in reality that's exactly what happens in football. you try and confuse the defense by any means necessary. that's why NE has a lot of success with this offense.

it's not the offense that bothers me, its the lack of solutions that madden gives you to counterattack the formation. there should be a way to stop every play in this game at least half of the time.

Guns flip bunch is Tail Gate Aproved!!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
Rookie

CFTejada's Arena

OVR: 7

What PB do you use Marc? and on D?

Falcons
Braves
Bulldogs
Old 11-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #11
Banned

using colts play book. base 4-3. nickel = base, strong, 335
dime = base, flat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #12
Rookie

CFTejada's Arena

OVR: 7

Try using a 3-4 set, it works for me.

Falcons
Braves
Bulldogs
Old 11-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

man to man is never good against tight formations in real life and in madden, use a zone-man split coverage or a straight zone coverage to combat these types of formations. Otherwise you might get burned bad because madden makes man coverage stink against this type of formation. I would say to use cover 3 or cover 4 against this set, or some of the zone blitzes that have flats coverage.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
Banned

yeah i think zones are the way to go. The only way man will work is if you get an immediate sack which is very difficult to do.

CFT and I labbed a bit and while the zone is pourus, and can be explited, its about the only way to ensure that you don't get burnt for 20 yards each play.

seems the only way to stop is it to throw a bunch of different zone looks at it and hope that you confuse the guy and get a pick. Flat zones don't get all the way to the edge, but combinations of purple zones and flat zones force the snugs flip offense to carefully read the defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »