Home

Scripting Plays Offline Franchise Update

This is a discussion on Scripting Plays Offline Franchise Update within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2009, 05:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Scripting Plays Offline Franchise Update

This is just to update how the 1st year of my Franchise went. I started scripting plays and posted a thread and a couple people wanted me to update them at the end of the season.

Basically I went 13-3 with the Seahawks. I actually lost the last two games of the season. Ran out of TO's in both games and ended up inside the opponents 30, but couldn't snap the ball in time to get a play off. I actually had 15 or 16 seconds left to get up to the line after a completed pass, but my guys took forever (oh well, maybe that's realistic).

The last two games I used Bill Harris' updated sliders which changed the run game for me quite a bit. Also, I rested Hasselbeck for the last game, because he keeps getting nagging injuries and without him I am lost (7 QB accuracy slider makes Wallace almost unplayable for this average gamer!).

I really enjoyed scripting my plays. Made the games way more interesting. Never plan on going back, that is for sure. I have used 5 or 6 different playbooks. My favorite is Pass Balanced. It has some real nice run plays and a lot of good passing plays

The last two games forced me to change my gameplan because my run game never got on track. Now I am facing the Packers in the Divisional round and I lost to them two games ago. Problem is, my running game seems broken, so I honestly feel like I may lose this one. I am going to go into practice mode and just work my tail off on the run game.

All things considered, this has been the best Madden I have ever played. Last year I made it through about 6 franchise games and gave the game to my nephews. I have been around Madden since the beginning, and I had never done that before. Hope Offline franchise gets fleshed out a lot more next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »