Home

Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The glitched running

Huh...

I dont want to jinx myself but I havent noticed this... Just last night I had two big breakway plays.

One with Sammy Morris(HB) and another with Benjamin Watson(TE). Both times I ran for 60+ yards on a breakway to the end zone smooth as silk.

FWIW, I play on "slow" gamespeed with 75 threshold.

Aaannnd not sure if its in anyway related, but I unplug my 360 from internet because I absolutely cant stand those god-forsaken pop-up advertisements the come up right before every snap of every friggin' game. When I un-plug they go away.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have a theory that it may have to do with the sliders. Not the threshold slider but the actual "skill" sliders. Most of the time I use sliders that are set to fairly low settings 25 or under for Human and CPU. But recently I played a game on default All-Pro with Cpu back to default 50's and I did not see the glitch at all during the 4 games I played. Ultimately I did not like the game play with default settings and went back to using custom sliders and the glitch has returned.

However it might have just been a fluke that I did not see it while playing on All-Pro
Old 11-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan915
Does anyone know IF or when this is going to be fixed? You know.... When you break into the open field with lets say Adrian Peterson on your way to a sure touchdown but you get caught from behind by a slow safety like Chris Hope because your player starts to jerk backwards as he's running..

Yeah that...
I've seen a video if this on youtube. They make the ballcarrier that's controlled by the user pause on every other step. They'll probably fix it, if they decide to fix it at all, in the middle of next August.

I will say that things like this are unacceptable and really unneccessary. Cheating shouldn't be the measures that's taken in order to increase the difficulty; this obviously isn't a glitch, glitch is an accident, this was clearly programmed into the game.

Things like this are not seen on Sundays.

Last edited by Dmacho; 11-17-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
It seems to be an issue with ALL players (meaning not just HBs) on breakaways in particular. It's especially noticeable with faster runners I think. It's only been an issue since the first patch as far as I can tell...not sure what it is. I don't think it really slows the runner (even though it may seem like it). I think it's simply a visual animation glitch.
Could this have been a band aid for the horrible pursuit angles ??? That's laughable if that's the case.

It does slow down the runner; I've seen a video on youtube where the ball carrier would pause on every other step, but the defenders in pursuit if the ball carrier didn't pause at all.

Last edited by Dmacho; 11-17-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #13
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointNumberOne
It's definitely not just visual. Watch the replays in slo-mo and you can see your player completely stop while the defenders keep moving.
I think it depends on speed threshold (I think someone said that). On default or higher that may be true. I've never been caught (at zero) and it just looks ugly.

Not saying that makes it better...lol (it still needs to be fixed IMO), just clarifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Could this have been a band aid for the horrible pursuit angles ??? That's a laughable if that's the case.

It does slow down the runner; I've seen a video on youtube where the ball carrier would pause on every other step, but the defenders in pursuit if the ball carrier didn't pause at all.
It may have been, which I agree would be pretty sad if that's the case.

Part 2 I addressed above.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #14
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

I have had zero problems with people getting caught that should not be getting caught, I have actually been able to break a few long ones with barber. Jones is gone if he hits the corner and no one has an angle on him. The only thing I have seen is good pursuit angles by defense. I think TH and game speed has alot to do with this.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 21

For those who "don't see" this or think its visual, I just don't know what to say. As many others have said your player has a hitch in his step and you literally watch EVERY other player on the field continue to move while you stand still.

For those who think this is a slider or game speed based issue, why does this only happen on USER controled break away runs. Why does this not happen to the computer?

After deleting the first patch (boy thats a fun cache clear) this is ONLY happening after the first patch. Regardless of why this was done, it has a profound effect on pursuit angles and long TD's. It clearly makes pursuit angles look better by allowing defenders to catch runners, which in turn limits the USER break away TD's.

In closing, the ignorance has to stop, or maybe OS needs to admin people who post things that simply arent true the same way they do posting off topic, or anti EA statements. I say that respectfully, because the boards have cleaned up very nicely as of late. That same diligence needs to be extended to those who choose to simply claim others are lying because they want to ignore game issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #16
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
For those who "don't see" this or think its visual, I just don't know what to say. As many others have said your player has a hitch in his step and you literally watch EVERY other player on the field continue to move while you stand still.

For those who think this is a slider or game speed based issue, why does this only happen on USER controled break away runs. Why does this not happen to the computer?

After deleting the first patch (boy thats a fun cache clear) this is ONLY happening after the first patch. Regardless of why this was done, it has a profound effect on pursuit angles and long TD's. It clearly makes pursuit angles look better by allowing defenders to catch runners, which in turn limits the USER break away TD's.

In closing, the ignorance has to stop, or maybe OS needs to admin people who post things that simply arent true the same way they do posting off topic, or anti EA statements. I say that respectfully, because the boards have cleaned up very nicely as of late. That same diligence needs to be extended to those who choose to simply claim others are lying because they want to ignore game issues.
Um, well. It's not happening to me. At all. And I never saw a poster claim this issue was a "lie."

Where are these Rep. Joe Wilson types?

I dont know why it is happening to others. But I had two clear break away plays in my offline franchise last night for long 60+ yard runs, and my runners did not stutter at all or anything.

FWIW;

-Xbox 360.
-"Slow gamespeed"
-"DB's stat accurate sliders"
-Player threshold set to 75.

EDIT: Ok, I see what you're saying now. Post what system and setting you people are using. There might be a trend

Last edited by kpkpkp; 11-17-2009 at 01:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »