Home

Old 11-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: The glitched running

Anybody remember when we first started seeing the break away runs from Pro Tack. Which are generally caused when Pro Tack tends to suck defenders into a play and leave a wide open field?

Essentially what happened were career highlights. A few people asked about how rare those 5-6 man broken tackle break away TD runs were. I remember Ian specifically mentioned they would be a once per season type deal and certainly not common at all.

I think we all know thats just not the case.

I would LOVE to see a little justification for why this hitching was in the patch to begin with. If it will be removed and just for S&G's if they possibly had a worse idea for fixing this problem like a random stumbling animation? Certainly this freezing the user controlled player idea won out over something.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 11-17-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan915
It doesn't matter what threshold setting you have or game speed settings you're using.. This is happening ONLINE every single time I break into the open field with a player who should NOT even be close to getting caught. It might not happen with tweaked settings and such but it happens with the DEFAULTED online settings.... My friends and I simply call it the "glitch step" because that's exactly what it looks like. The ball carrier has a "glitch" in one of his steps that almost JERKS him backwards. It seriously looks like they deleted a frame or two... It doesn't look real at all. Looks like a moonwalk sometimes.

I don't care why you guys added it EA please just remove it.

If Chris Johnson hits a big hole and gets passed the safeties he should be GONE like the wind. Yet I get caught by Brian Dawkins.

LOOOOOOL
This was done to stop all of the pick 6s and break away runs that were attributed to the horrible pursuit angles. Instead of actually improving the pursuit angles, they simply slowed down the ball carrier when he's breaking away. It's a shame really.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #27
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

It's the fix for pursuit angles. People complained loudly after the game dropped about that. If you notice, after patch 1 they said they addressed pursuit angles, but the defenders follow the ball carriers just the same as before. It probably was too involved of a program fix to get defenders to "cut off" the ball carrier, so they slowed him down to cut down on big break aways.

I don't really like it, but I was one of the guys complaining how easy it was to get the defense to just fall in line behind you and follow you to the endzone. I guess I asked for a fix to pursuit angles, and so they gave us one.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Before calling it a glitch make sure it is not fatigue. I notice it and every time it happens my back was either red already or close to red fatigue wise.
It's not a glitch. Glitches are't intentional; this is clearly intentional. You do bring up a good point ; it could be a result of fatigue; however, this isn't an acceptable way to simulate fatigue. The player should simply run slower ; there shouldn't be a hitch in the animation.

My theory is that its a bandaid for the horrible pursuit angles.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It's the fix for pursuit angles. People complained loudly after the game dropped about that. If you notice, after patch 1 they said they addressed pursuit angles, but the defenders follow the ball carriers just the same as before. It probably was too involved of a program fix to get defenders to "cut off" the ball carrier, so they slowed him down to cut down on big break aways.

I don't really like it, but I was one of the guys complaining how easy it was to get the defense to just fall in line behind you and follow you to the endzone. I guess I asked for a fix to pursuit angles, and so they gave us one.
Be careful what you wish for.lol
Old 11-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #30
Rookie

wickedbadman's Arena

OVR: 3

Pretty sure it was a misguided attempt to add progressive fatigue.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 4

I;ve played about 200 gmaes of madden 10 on 360 and i've never seen this happen once...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylynner
I;ve played about 200 gmaes of madden 10 on 360 and i've never seen this happen once...
Ok, go into the game. Turn the game speed on Fast and set the game to Rookie. The hitch happens on all speeds but its very easy to see on fast. Its rather logical to assume that Rookie cheats you the least of all the difficulties so if it happens on Rookie, then it should be across the board.

Run a sweep or pass to the flats. Something that would cause a long break away run. After you score go into the replay. From the side angle, very slowly watch your runner plant his left foot. Your player will stay still for a small amount of time, while everything else, including crowd, other players, refs, and animated objects keep moving.

Its also very easy to see from a safety (or whoever) is pursing the ball carrier as it looks like your player will be warping or shifting while running. In some cases this only happens about 20 yards before the tackle is made.

Honestly, if you dont see it you need to post a video of it. Including your sliders and game settings. Quite frankly, its in the game. Unless you have modified your game, arent using the first patch, dont know what to look for or are ignoring the problem, expecially over 200 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »