Home

The glitched running

This is a discussion on The glitched running within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: The glitched running

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbadman
Pretty sure it was a misguided attempt to add progressive fatigue.
ding ding ding....correct. same thing was in ncaa 09. its progressive fatigue and is why u only see it on long runs. it only happens when they're already somewhat fatigued (yellow) and break a long one. if my guy is fresh and break one, it doesnt happen unless its like a 75+ yd run and towards the end of it.

its ugly and i think they should be able to blend it a lil better to make it less visually noticeable, but it gets the point across of my guy tiring during his run. well actually, now i think bout it, it does look alot better than the guy completely missing steps, and the hiccup in ncaa 09
Old 11-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #34
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan915
Even if it's fatigue it's horrible. I can see changing the run style mid stride and slowing the ball carrier down that way like on Madden 09.. but this isn't even close to being like that. It definitely isn't fatigue though because I've had this happen on the opening kickoff before. I got to the outside and ran straight down the sideline and the glitch happened.
Like 09? You mean where if you had a breakaway and they got tired, the players started running like Earth-Worm Jim? Ha...what a joke.

I think this year's is fine. I don't have the glitch step problem unless they are fatigued.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #35
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

I like it. Sure, there should be dedicated animations for fatigue but there aren't. Have you ever seen a player get tired while running? There is a bit of a hitch in his stride so I think the intent was good. As others have said, I believe that this was also a temporary fix for pursuit angles so props to them again for listening to the community. The implementation is kinda weird, but at least they did something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #36
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

I had another big breakaway play last night with Wes Welker, and it didnt happen to me.

As Moody said in one of his well thought posts, I watched the replay several times and didnt see anything.

Now I use custom auto sub settings, so at no point is a WR, HB, or TE on the field for me any lower than 70 fatigue. (standard setting is out at 60, in at 80.) Mine are at 70/80.

This makes it so, if Welker just ran a kick off/punt return, he's off the field re-couping the next few plays.

Furthermore, my HB sub/in/out setting is 85/95. (Since the Pats almost always split running back duties. I have this position at 85/95 to simulate that without manually subbing my HB's)

So I dont let my players fatigue drop to the 60's.

Are you guys seeing this later in the game when your players are tired?

Perhaps this is why I'm not getting this?

Can someone post a video? Or a link to one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylynner
I;ve played about 200 gmaes of madden 10 on 360 and i've never seen this happen once...
As fun as posting conspiracy theories is... I'm interested in finding the cause of this, even though its not an issue for you or I.

Could you post what settings; game-speed and system you use? 360 or PS3? Or do you use default settings?

Last edited by kpkpkp; 11-18-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think I'm on default energy settings, but will have to check.

Found a youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMVoGEjvSjA

*thanks RMoody
Old 11-18-2009, 01:32 PM   #38
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointNumberOne
I think I'm on default energy settings, but will have to check.

Found a youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMVoGEjvSjA

*thanks RMoody
Yup you can see it plain as day.

Man, weird. Why isnt this happening to me?

Could it be fatigue related?

Moody, what system are you on? 360 or PS3?

Because rylynner and myself are not having this issue on our 360's.

Possibly a PS3 thing?

I really wish more posters in this thread would post the platform they are using, and settings to get a better understanding of this.

Last edited by kpkpkp; 11-18-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

I see it frequently in my Vikings offline franchise, and I'm on 360, so definitely not just a ps3 thing.

Tonight I'll adjust my auto-sub settings to get AP some more rest and see how it goes.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Heh i had some crazy conspiracy that it was added to older running backs. I guess i came up with that because i always thought a 2 year player with 95 SPD should be faster then a 15 year player with 95 SPD, and maybe Madden added this "gimpy" animation to show this. Silliness on my part but i definitely notice it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »