Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #41
Pro
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 696
Blog Entries: 4
Re: The glitched running

I am on a 360. Just for the record, I firmly think this was put into the game to give the appearance of fixed pursuit angles.

It happens with zero constancy, just running with Addai the "hitching" starts to occur when a defender needs to catch me. If this was fatigue related I would expect it to happen at or near the same point yardage wise each time. For example, Addai would get tired 30 yards into a run and start to do this. Other players should do it as well, again its only the player the user is controlling that does this. That video has pretty concrete evidence in regards to it being on the 2nd offensive play of the game. No starting NFL HB should be winded after running 30 yards on the 2nd play of the game.

The fast setting is key. While it happens at other speeds the animation transition is smooth enough its nearly not noticeable. At Fast you get the benefit of watching everything else move and your player stop.

Provided you have Patch #1 installed properly, I see no reason why you couldn't replicate this. Because its clearly not a graphic or frame rate issue I see no reason why this cant happen on the PS3.

Which brings me to question, is the game code universal on all systems? I honestly have no idea, but would be interested to know.
RyanMoody21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #42
Banned
 
kpkpkp's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Providence, RI
Re: The glitched running

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
I am on a 360. Just for the record, I firmly think this was put into the game to give the appearance of fixed pursuit angles.

It happens with zero constancy, just running with Addai the "hitching" starts to occur when a defender needs to catch me. If this was fatigue related I would expect it to happen at or near the same point yardage wise each time. For example, Addai would get tired 30 yards into a run and start to do this. Other players should do it as well, again its only the player the user is controlling that does this. That video has pretty concrete evidence in regards to it being on the 2nd offensive play of the game. No starting NFL HB should be winded after running 30 yards on the 2nd play of the game.

The fast setting is key. While it happens at other speeds the animation transition is smooth enough its nearly not noticeable. At Fast you get the benefit of watching everything else move and your player stop.

Provided you have Patch #1 installed properly, I see no reason why you couldn't replicate this. Because its clearly not a graphic or frame rate issue I see no reason why this cant happen on the PS3.

Which brings me to question, is the game code universal on all systems? I honestly have no idea, but would be interested to know.
Huh.

Well since I play on slow gamespeed, I guess it could be happening to me and I dont notice it.

Not that I care since when I got a nice breakaway the last few times I ran it all the way down the field for TD no problem. With no hitching.

But I'll try playing on fast gamespeed tonight, and see if I get a break away, and see if I notice the hitch show up when I'm controlling the runner.

Is anyone noticing this while playing on slow or very slow gamespeed?

Maybe if some posters who are experiencing this could post which gamespeed they're using when it happens? That would help
kpkpkp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #43
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: The glitched running

I play on 'very slow' and it's definitely there when breaking to the outside with AP.

No concrete evidence right now, but thinking back (if my memory is any good) it does seem to happen only when a defender is trying to cut me off or closing in on the tackle.
pointNumberOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #44
MVP
 
kjcheezhead's Arena
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: May 2009
Blog Entries: 1
Re: The glitched running

I know we are not supposed to post vids, so here is a link to a vid of the glitch. (I hope this is cool mods, I don't wanna go back to the cell)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp-bdUxYUnw

Here is a vid of how to beat it too, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qLmmtl2V0A
kjcheezhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #45
Banned
 
kpkpkp's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Providence, RI
Re: The glitched running

Good vids, you can see the hitch very clearly.

Now, when I posted about the breakaway TD runs I recently had not hitching, they were NOT breakaways from the flat. (I managed the catch and subsequent breakaway, or running back breakaway originating within the hash marks. So that is not considered the flat.)

Does this hitching only occur when the CPU defender is covering the flats?

Has anyone noticed hitching while running up the middle of the field?

Last edited by kpkpkp; 11-18-2009 at 03:48 PM.
kpkpkp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2009, 09:11 AM   #46
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: The glitched running

Finally got a couple more games in...

First game:
play one -> run AP up the middle for 3 yds
play two -> toss right, avoid somebody in the backfield, and turn the corner up field... as i hit the line of scrimmage... nobody in front, thinking TD already!.... *hitch*hitch*hitch* tackled for a gain of 10 on what i though was a TD for sure

After that I turned my auto sub settings (for RB only) to:
out -> 75
in -> 80

And changed the 'how much energy affects the player' down from the default 50 to 25.

Rest of the game and 2nd game I played I didn't notice it again... but don't remember if i broke anymore out into the flats either.
pointNumberOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #47
Pro
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 696
Blog Entries: 4
Re: The glitched running

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Here is a vid of how to beat it too, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qLmmtl2V0A

You can wiggle the runner back and forth and the defender will follow that path, rather than create one to go make the tackle.

I'm sorry, but the AI in this game is downright shameful.
RyanMoody21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #48
Banned
 
kpkpkp's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Providence, RI
Re: The glitched running

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointNumberOne
Finally got a couple more games in...

First game:
play one -> run AP up the middle for 3 yds
play two -> toss right, avoid somebody in the backfield, and turn the corner up field... as i hit the line of scrimmage... nobody in front, thinking TD already!.... *hitch*hitch*hitch* tackled for a gain of 10 on what i though was a TD for sure

After that I turned my auto sub settings (for RB only) to:
out -> 75
in -> 80

And changed the 'how much energy affects the player' down from the default 50 to 25.

Rest of the game and 2nd game I played I didn't notice it again... but don't remember if i broke anymore out into the flats either.
See, I never ever notice this hitch.

I also mainly play as the Pats, and have my RB sub in/out very high. That way the game splits duty between F. Jackson, S. Morris, and L. Maroney.

So my backs are never on the field with less than 80% fatigue.

I will set my RB sub slider back to 60/80, and see if I start to notice the hitch step while only using one RB over and over...

Perhaps this might, MIGHT, be addressed in patch#2.

And they might have a better way to address pursuit angles, and this was just a temporary band-aid.
kpkpkp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Top -